April 16, 2008

Verbatim

So, I walk into my class last night and notice that it has grown by one student. A very tall, strange looking student with a mile high afro and he's whiter than me.

So, I say nonchalantly, "Well, I see we've grown by one."

No one says anything. Not the Too Much Hair Boy, nor the student sitting next to him, which is the one who brought him since I saw them walking together.

Too Much Hair proceeds to make a phone call, listen to his iPod LOUDLY and talk OVER the iPod while on as I begin the lecture of the night.

I turn to student and say "PLEASE tell me who your guest in MY class is."

She shrugs and says, "Oh he's my boyfriend."

"OK, then." Silently, I wonder why. He is barefoot in overalls without a shirt and obviously a bit of a stoner.

No asking permission. No trying to be polite and get on my good side. Just nothing. Alrighty, then.

We proceed with critiques of their current projects and then they are to work in class. Too Much Hair Boy taps, hums, talks way TOO LOUDLY, begs the girlfriend to go get food.

I am shocked by the audacity. Why did she bring him, seriously. After an hour, I am ready to blow my stack and she abruptly asks (perhaps she smelled my head about to erupt) if they can leave class early, begging off the fact that all of her supplies are at home.

"Please, feel free."

Too Much Hair Boy says, "Thank you. I Love You."

Sarcastically I reply, "I bet you say that to all the teachers."

He replies, and I quote..... "I say it to everyone. I'm like Jesus."

Yep. Like Jesus. And I am so going to hell.

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have said, "Yup, and look what they did to Jesus."

What a jerk.

BTW, you and I both know I would not have said that to him, but I would have said it later in the car!! Damnit!!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering why the hell he was wearing overalls, with no shirt or shoes! That's what I would've said..."No shirt, no shoes, no sittin in my damn class without paying tuition, pal."

Yes, like Michele, my wimpocity would've gotten the best of me and that comeback wouldn't have come until half-way home from class.

This is a great insight into Sharpie, though...she's the one who actually SAYS the stuff we can only think of after the fact.

Soooo glad she's on our side. :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ohhhh, how irritating. You are a strong woman to put up with that as long as you did. I do have to comment on one of your comments, hopefully without appearing mean: I lived for a good deal of time in a "trailer". My mother still does, and my grandparents spent 30 years in the same little mobile home (that's what they preferred to call it). Not a one of us was trash. I would not be surprised if this boy doesn't live in a 6 bedroom McMansion on the edge of town. Bad manners are bred in all types of homes. Again, I apologize, I just really get hurt by that particular stereotype.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home