April 01, 2008

No Longer Feeling Bad About 36

Yesterday, shortly after I had posted my pathetic pity party for myself, I received a phone call from a neighbor to tell me the awful news. A little girl in 2nd grade at my son's school, the same grade my Lil Man is in, had died over the weekend. She had come down with high fever and they called it influenza. Apparently over 4 days it got much, much worse. She died on Sunday night.

She was seven. Seven.

I cannot imagine what the poor parents are going through as it was completely unexpected. I cannot imagine coming home from the hospital without my child. Please say a prayer for them. I think they need as many as possible.

4 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh.. how absolutely horrifically sad...
Hugs to you and yours.
xo
LBC

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night. Those poor people. I cant imagine.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger divrchk said...

We all had the flu and for 2 days my 3 year old's fever was 104.5. Scary, scary stuff. I hope they get the flu shot right next year. It only covered 40% of the strains this year - not good.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

Oh gosh.. how awful for them... I cannot imagine... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home