April 28, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Lil Man!


It is hard to believe that 8 years ago I had no idea how much you would change my life. I had no idea what I was going to do with a boy but, you stole my heart from the first time I saw all 10 lbs of you! You always were a Mama's Boy and I loved every minute of it. Even now when you creep up to me and smother me with hugs and much love - I still love every minute of it.

Over the past year, you have grown so much in so many ways. You have grown nearly a foot and and speaking of FEET - for the love of Pete, will you please tell them to stop growing so we can get our money's worth from those sneakers.

You are doing so well in school. Though you wouldn't think so. You got all A's and B's - but the only thing you focus on was that C in handwriting. Considering how the doctors write - I think it shows how smart you are. ;-) And no matter how much I tell you it doesn't matter - it isn't even a real subject - you can't stop beating yourself up over it. I know it will improve over time Lil Man - I'm not worried about it at all. You are so sensitive and so very hard on yourself - it breaks my heart. I wish you had some confidence. I wish you knew how handsome you are. With those big beautiful brown eyes, you look more and more like your Daddy every day. I wish you knew how kind, sweet and special you are. You always pay others unsolicited compliments simply to make them happy. You are always respectful, helpful and try to please everyone around you. I wish you knew that too. But, you don't. No matter how many times I tell you so. You confided in me that you have "bad thoughts" in your head about yourself and that the counselor at school suggested "throwing them out" after writing them on paper. So, every time you think you aren't "good enough" - you do just that. God, that hurts my heart and soul.

Because you are what every mother dreams of having. You are the most special boy in the entire world and I am so proud that you are my son! I love you more than you will ever know. You are my heart, Lil Man. And I love you.

Don't worry, Mommy and Daddy are here for you and we'll work really hard to always make you feel safe, special and loved. I will work tirelessly to ensure that little boy inside has the confidence to be everything he wants to be on the outside. This I promise you.

Love, Mommy

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Sharpie!

Happy Birthday, Lil Man.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I always say, the loveliness of children is in direct proportion to the fabulousness of their parents.

Happy Birthday to the most amazing nephew, ever. We love you, too!!!!

Happy B-day call, complete with cha cha chas to come post-school.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

What a cutie!

Don't you love boys?! I've got a couple of Mama's boys, and wouldn't have it any other way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home