July 11, 2007

T-Minus 5 days and counting

I can hardly believe that the kitchen wipe-off board is down to the single digits in the COUNTDOWN TO DISNEY. We leave on Sunday morning. Bright and early. Plane leaves at 7:30am. Did I mention what a TOOL I was and accepted an invitation to a friend's wedding on Saturday night. Right. The night BEFORE we leave. I am sooooo smart.

I have much to do in the way of packing (read NOTHING is packed yet), though I have started to make piles or crap here and there.

The kids must think I am an even bigger loser as I awoke this morning to their feverish piling and packing of THEIR OWN CLOTHES. Perhaps they think I'm actually not going to do it?

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol...had to pack my kids up for a weekend at grandmas. They WANT to pack there clothes, but not going to happen. Still too young - they would probably forget underwear or something. As it is, I was up until 11:30 just packing for them!

Don't drink too much at the wedding - you'll never get up! Or if you're like me before a trip, you'll never sleep b/c you think the alarm won't go off....

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter started a daily countdown 3 months before we left and started packing for Disney nearly a MONTH before we left.

I think it is their own way of coping with the anticipation.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I going to do without you here for a whole weeeeeeeeeeeek?

I'm going through withdrawals already. GAHHHHHHH!!!!

(off to take an anti-missing-sharpie pill)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Heather - I KNOW - I am NOT drinking - oh, hell - I SAY that now....

Jaymonster - We started the countdown at 144 days - can you imagine - not too excited, right? Thank God Disney makes it easy on you and TELLS you how many days you have left!

Perfect storm? Nice. How about if I told you BOTH kids woke up this morning (Friday) complaining of headaches, bellyaches and that their were hot. This CAN NOT happen 2 years in a row, can it?

Sherry - we'll miss YOU! And the kids! And their party! Booooooooooohhhhhhhooooooooooooo!
Maybe you can guest post for me????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home