June 21, 2007

Awwwwwiiiiiiiiiggghhhttt!

(That is pronounced in true gangsta phonetics, of course.)

I am officially shaking off the Bad Ju-Ju I have been wading in and focusing on the good. I really do believe in the whole idea of Karma and Bad attracts Bad and Good attracts Good, and all that happy horse crap.

I have been incredibly slow for work for the last few weeks - something that almost never happens and considering I work for myself - this is not a good thing.

No work = No money (right before the big departure to Home of the Mouse in 24 days. Sigh.)

Needless to say, this particular thing is not the worst thing that could happen. I have had an incredibly great first half of the year. I made a lot of money.

So, what's the problem?

I don't know HOW to have nothing to do. I am USED to being busy. REALLY BUSY. And this came at a time when it seemed the whole world just STOPPED. The kids finished school. I finished teaching. I finished my class. I finished my work website. I have next to no work. All at the same time.

So, why can't I enjoy a little downtime? I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. My house is spotless. I have done everything from fertilize the entire acre of lawn I have with a push spreader. I have bought topsoil and filled in wholes in said lawn and planted new seed. I have weeded ever inch of my yard. I have cleaned the pool so much it is spotless. I am contemplating staining the 600 square foot deck - WITH A PAINT BRUSH. Someone - send Meds!

You'd think I could just enjoy the kids, right? Do some fun stuff with them, no? Guess what - THEY are ENJOYING their downtime - WITHOUT asking me for anything!

So - today is a new day. I am sending out the Good Vibes in order to get the Good Vibes. This really helped....



Next, a Meme that Chris from Serendipity Mine had tagged me for like a month ago.....

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger sillypants said...

That is a fabulous cartoon !

Silly

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that cartoon!

and thanks for the Linky Love :-D

And if you are still bored..you could do me a favor...Wanna come clean? I have no energy and no motivation and sooo much to do! LOL.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I'd like to know how come my phone hasn't been ringing since you have all this alleged downtime.

foot tapping

Second, YAY for downtime!!!!! You deserve it, what with all your nine jobs and going to school and raising kids and all.

PS- LOVED that cartoon.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Sis O' Mine - Did you NOT read I have been cleaning and fertilizing and weeding and what-no? I never said BORED - I said NOT working - which is not the same as NOTHING to do. Calling now.....

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger melodyann said...

LOVE the cartoon! And listen, in the interest of helping you with the downtime, I'd like to extend a personal invitation to you to West Virginia... to clean MY house. You know, to help you and all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home