June 26, 2007

Evening Swim

Swimming in the pool with the kids and DH last night after dinner and karate, around 7:30 - 8ish. We water is warm, but the air is cooler and after an hour or so Miss Thing and I are done and wrap ourselves in towels and watch the boys splash about from the safety of the deck.

DH and Lil Man are horsing around, throwing each other in the water and then jumping off the deck into the pool. Cannonballs (actually we call them Meatballs being that the house IS an Italian household) and so forth. On one of the MANY times both are standing on the edge of the deck, perched, ready to jump in - Miss thing poses a question.....

Miss Thing - "Dad? Do you have hair on your butt?"

This makes DH turn around really quickly, nearly falling into the pool. He reached around to be sure his ass has not made an unexpected appearance and is relieved that it has, in fact, stayed under wraps.

DH obviously shaken asks - "What? Why would you ask that?"

Miss Thing shrugs - "Cuz I can see hair right above it on your back right above your bathing suit - I just wondered if it went down onto your butt, that's all."

I am laughing, my face hiding behind my towel, just watching DH squirm.

Lil Man pipes up - "No Miss Thing - BOYS have hair in their BUTT CRACKS."

DH and I look at each other and I completely lost it.

3 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you's a classy family!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

hahahahaha!!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!! Too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home