October 23, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

This week I had both of my children's parent teacher conferences. Scheduling worked out that they were one after the other, albeit in different schools. Thankfully the location of these two schools is close in proximity.

First up was Miss Thing's teacher. And I have to say I LOVE HER. LOVE. I would totally hang out with her. She told me that Miss Thing is wonderful, perfect, an absolute joy to have. She's ready to go off to 6th grade today. Always nice to hear, really.

Next up, Lil Man's teacher. Starts off my telling me how much she loves Lil Man. LOVES. Tells me how sweet, sensitive, nice and hard-working he is. I am silently counting myself very lucky for having such wonderful kids, that I almost miss her last comment.

"And.... he's VERY FUNNY."

Oh, yes. I know. It's his timing really. He says things and has NO IDEA how funny he is.

"And... he GETS jokes that just go over the other kid's heads."

Uh, yep. I know that too.

"For example, I will say a little joke to the class and he's the only one who looks up at me with a smirk. It goes over all the other kid's heads. I ACTUALLY said, 'Gee, I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of cows in the meadow'"

(already smirking...)

And Lil Man says without missing a beat, "Yeah, I know what ya mean."

And she roared.

God, when he harnesses this timing thing, I hope he keeps his charming personality, so as to avoid getting in trouble. I can just SEE him making the WHOLE CLASS crack up with his one-liners. And ya know, he has NO IDEA how funny he is. None.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Key word.... YET.

:-)

xo
LBC

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Parker said...

The funniest people are usually the ones who don't try to be funny. I especially like to see this personality trait in kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home