October 13, 2008

Who Me, Stressed?

Slightly.

This is the understatement of the year. I actually have to keep reminding myself to stop scowling/frowning as those wrinkles will surely become a permanent fixture. Miss Thing keeps asking me if I am mad, even when I am the farthest thing from mad. I may have to learn some meditative breathing to lighten up a bit. Here's what's got me stressed...

1. Two Graduate classes = 12 credits. One of which is a Thesis Writing and Methodologies Class.

2. That Thesis class I mentioned? I handed in my first research paper and had it returned to me THREE times before I had it in the proper MLA format. Fuck, fuck, fuckity-fuck. I guess that explains the additional pound weight loss this week. Officially, 51 pounds lost, NINE to go!

3. The other class is a studio class and I have to create 4 pieces of art in the next 10 weeks. Yeah, no pressure.

4. This class had a hidden section which I was supposed to post my journal, which I hadn't done and didn't see and only learned about from a wonderful girl in my class who called me THREE times and left messages. If not for my new on-line friend, I would have hung myself in the garage by now.

5. Work, which sucked the big one ALL SUMMER LONG, now is cruising at just under warp speed. I have deadlines EVERY DAY! Not complaining here, as this allows me to buy dinner for our family on those nights I am rewriting and rewriting my thesis paper.

6. If not for On-Star, I would have run out of oil as I somehow completely forgot that you have to periodically go and change the oil. Can you imagine, eventually they are going to give me a MASTER'S DEGREE and I can't even remember to change the oil??

7. I made an appointment to get the oil changed today, Monday October 13th AFTER the kids got on the bus.

8. And I JUST realized there is NO school today. Whatever, they can come with me and dear they whine, I will scowl/frown at them.

9. I had made an appointment today for Miss Thing to get her eyes checked after we discovered Lil Man needed glasses recently. I made it for today after school.

10. See number 8. Yes, no school. God, I suck and really need to keep my calendar with me.

On top of the above, we are well into Fall Soccer season which means we have an additional four days of running to practice and games. Here's how the schedule is looking...

Monday - CCD for Miss Thing directly after school, which means I have to go pick up both kids or Lil Man would be standing outside of a locked house by himself until I arrived some 10 - 15 minutes later. Then, Miss Thing has Karate 7:15 - 8:30.

Tuesday - Miss Thing has Newspaper club - pick-up at 4:00; Lil Man has Karate 6:00 - 7:15 and Miss Thing usually goes to help student teach (she's a red belt now, one belt away from Black belt)

Wednesday - Tricky day because I teach my College Class and need to leave by 5:00 with dinner on the table for 4:30. Lil Man has Soccer practice at 5:30 and Miss Thing has Karate at 7:15 - 8:30.

Thursday - Miss Thing has Soccer practice at 5:30 and Lil Man has Karate at 6:00 - 7:15.

Friday - Blissfully nothing, but I usually do the grocery shopping.

Saturday - Lil Man's Soccer Game.

Sunday - Miss Thing's Soccer Game.

Add in those crazy house chores, shopping, Birthday parties, Halloween costumes and supplies for the pumpkin decorating competition and I am ready for the looney bin. Thankfully Soccer ends right before Halloween and November should be a lot lighter. Tell me, are you all as hectic as this??

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger bobbi said...

Congrats on the weight loss - so awesome!

Fall seems to go by at maniac speed here too. And I don't know WHAT the hell I was thinking when I signed up the 2 older kids for winter basketball as soon as the craziness of soccer ends. I may explode...

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall = crazy.
Such a bad mom...I actually HOPED a game would be rained out last weekend so I could do some stuff at home.
Love your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home