September 08, 2008

I May Go To Bed Dreaming Of It

Yesterday afternoon I received an phone call from Little Town USA's Youth Services Director, NICE lady with WAY too much time on her hands who thinks up all kinds of fun activities for the kids to do directly after school. Miss Thing has participated in everything including Jewelry Making Seminars, Dances, and Movie Nights. There is usually a small fee to participate to cover expenses. Next week she is signed up for a Babystitting Certification Course.

But, that is not what she called about.

She wants to organize a Dodge Ball Tournament. For the kids AND the parents. No, it won't be the parents picking little kids off left and right. It will be the kids playing against each other and then the ADULTS playing against each other.

Can you see it like I am?

I can think of 30 Moms AT LEAST that I wouldn't mind bouncing a Dodge Ball off their head.

Ok, who wants to be on my team?

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh, that would be splendid. Could we start a school vs school tournament?

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am so jealous, for two reasons.

One, I'd like that woman's job.

Two, I'd like to live in your town to participate.

We'd never be able to have something like that here. Parents would show up with weapons and that would make for a kickball mess.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Mrs. "Smith" said...

That's just one of the many reasons I don't PTA! Get a few for me,please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home