August 21, 2008

For The Love Of All That Is Genetic Predisposition

WHY is it that only ONE of my kids (Miss Thing) and not BOTH (poor Lil Man) have their father's metabolic genetic predisposition (which is to burn an entire package of Oreo's through sheer watching of TV) instead of mine which is to put on weight by simply thinking about it??

Because REALLY.... when he tells me (with tears in his eyes) that the entire time he was at his friend's Beach House he "sucked his stomach in so no one would say he was fat", I died a little. Really. My heart broke in a million different pieces for him.

Fat Genes... I spit in your general direction.

This morning, I woke up early and exercised with him, motivating and cheering him on the entire way. After a very healthy egg white omelet stuffed with turkey ham and cheese and a banana, all of us went for an invigorating walk around the neighborhood. He is very excited to be doing this and I need to do it with him. Because really, I don't think I can take anymore of his sad little tears...

6 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh babe, it hurts so much when little ones hurt. I want to smack the people that make him feel like that. You are a good mom.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here when you need a punching bag or crying stick. Because, yeah...what Laura said.

You're doing your best and that's a pretty amazing job.

Hugs to you and my sweet Lil Man.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It hurts the worst when your kids hurt, doesn't it? Good for you setting a good example and doing things with him. You might just win mother of the year yet.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, ouch, OUCH!! This hurts so much to read. Poor little guy. I dont even know what to say.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, ouch, OUCH!! This hurts so much to read. Poor little guy. I dont even know what to say.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Julie said...

My step son was "husky" at that age and he would compare himself to his half-brothers and sisters and cousins. His dad is into fitness and this kid was healthy as a horse. Just a bit big. I told him when he hit his growth spurt he would lean up and to be proud of who he was. We never called him fat and always told him how perfect he was. Sure enough in one summer he grew and leaned up. Now he is 17, works at a Gym with those big freaky guys and looks great. Teaching healthy lifestyles is a wonderful life lesson. You are a helping him in the long run. New blogger and really related to your story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home