August 20, 2008

Proud Mom Moment

Though I am really sad that I will not be winning that Hot Little Flip Video Camera (I am WAY behind in the polls*), I did have this wonderfully proud Mom Moment yesterday.

I sent Lil Man to his room to clean. It was a disaster. There were more things UNDER the bed than in the closet. Ugh.

After being in there an hour or so, he comes out with this long monkey, (the kind where you can wrap the arms and legs around you) with crazy fur and a black top hat pulled way down over it's head. He had added the top hat.

"Mom? Doesn't he look like Slash?"



(big grin) Yes, yes he does.

Awesome.

Something so satisfying about the fact that my 8-year old knows who the guitar player for Guns and Roses is. I love that I have imposed my love of hard rock into his thumbprint of being. The perks of being a Mother, indeed.

* If you feel bad for me, there is still time to go and vote!

3 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger bobbi said...

I love this...(here via sherry, but I'm not sure that I've ever commented - been silently cheering you on your weight loss as you've been inspiring me)...

Last week "Nothing Else Matters" came on in the van, and I looked back and asked, "who's this?" which is a favorite game in my house. My 7-year-old son looked up immediately and shouted METALLICA!! Never have I been prouder...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mrs. "Smith" said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Mrs. "Smith" said...

Kudos to you! I'm always happy when my 5 year old can ID the Red Hot Chili Peppers, or my 11 year old gets Rush!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home