May 02, 2008

OMFG

I was going to tell you all a really funny story that happened last night until I spoke with a neighbor this morning. Miss Thing has been BFFs with their daughter for the last few years and recently grew apart due to having other friends and interests, yet they remain good friends. The mother and I have had our differences, but have always remained very friendly.

Before Miss Thing bounded onto the bus, I commented on the fact that the bus was not stopping at friend's house and hadn't for the last few days. Miss Thing yells over her shoulder that she was told by another friend, that her friend had gone to the ER, had something removed and were having tests done. The hairs on the back of my neck raised. I went inside to call the mother.

Instead, I got the father, a very nice quiet guy. I explained that I was not being nosey, just checking on everyone as Miss Thing had said her friend had gone to the ER. He was quiet, then replied, "Not really."

Heart is pounding, I ask quietly, "What? Why?"

"She has cancer." And then he broke down crying.

They are awaiting further testing to be done on Monday. I am so devastated for this family. PLEASE, PLEASE put them in your prayers that everything will be alright. And hug your kids.

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is heartbreaking for all of you.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We said prayers for that little girl just before naptime today.

What a fucked up universe that strikes kids with cancer.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

I can not even imagine hearing those words. sad.

BTW, thank you for stopping by my little blog and commenting. I feel so special. :)

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my. That is just completely awful. Big prayers for her
.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh how sad!!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horrible. Just horrible. I will pray for the whole family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home