May 12, 2006

Happy Mother's Day One And All!

Hopefully, you husbands and children have something wonderful planned for you all on Sunday. I have heard whispers around here that there is a present stashed somewhere around here and well, I just don't have the energy to look. Normally, I would. I hate surprises. AND my husband can't keep a secret.

I am planning, for the mothers in my life, a Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday. Except for my MIL, because she's a whole different kind of mother, if you know what I mean. She's not coming. Because she came last weekend for the Communion. Whatever. Let me know go too far down that road, lest my DH ever find my blog.

Its really more of a breakfast than a brunch, as my lurvly new-mom-herself sister pointed out. French toast, omelets, blueberry pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit, quiche, and rolls with deli meats galore. I LOVE breakfast. It's my favorite meal. And I LIKE to cook it. Especially the bacon, cuz it needs to be cooked just right. Not too hard, not too chewy. (Control freak much?)

I did find a little something for my mom as well. I was really struggling to find something A) practical, B) unique C) affordable, D) without putting a gun to my head. I opted for jewelry, a cute little pendant that says Grandma on it, as we have already bought her every Mom item known to man and I think I've only seen them on her like twice. I also found a little something for my sister - but shhh don't tell her. She actually LIKES surprises.

Ok, off to go build my ark, as the weather man predicts 6 inches of rain in the next two days. Cuz, I NEED to get to the grocery store.

And to all my Mom Friends out there...... Happy Mother's Day and may your bacon be cooked just right.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SWORE WE WEREN'T DOING PRESENTS!!!!

Good thing my kids already had gone shopping and made you and Grandma a little sumptin sumptin.

BTW, did you read my mind about the blueberry pancakes???? Seriously, I was JUST thinking about them. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

I'll be there on Sunday...with bells on and rolls in hand!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger VTek said...

My gifts are stashed in the (locked) shed and I'm forbidden from going in there. I have a good excuse too -- I have a bin of 'too small' baby clothes to go in there, but I'll be good. HMD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home