May 02, 2006

A Glimpse Into The Future



Yesterday I saw a moment. A small window into my future.
And I won't lie, it made my eyes well up - just as it is now, talking about it.

We had pictures for 1st Holy Communion.
She put on her beautiful dress, the one that makes her look like a mini-bride. She slid on her nylons and her shoes. She put on her pearls - which are only a few now - but as each year passes, another is added. And lastly the veil. She was stunning.



And I couldn't help but think.... that in 15, 20 years... I can't even write it.
I can't imagine a day when I don't see that face every day.

8 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. She's stunning. But of course she would, she looks just like you...

Don't think about that 15 or 20 years into the future quite yet. You've got time.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Absolutely a lovely young lady and a beautiful post from a lovely mom! The years pass too quickly. I blinked and my daughter is going to turn 8 in June.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger BSumner said...

my she is stunning......

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I can get choked up just thinking about my boys having a girlfriend someday. Getting married.....? Forget about it!

She is a perfect little mini-bride, and you have a L O N G way to go until the big bride days.
She is gorgeous.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Those are precious photos!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i saw your comment on daddy detective--- your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. why, oh why, do they grow up?

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Beautiful pictures. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a 3 year old daughter, and we're Catholic, so that First Communion will be coming up, and that picture of your beautiful daughter made ME tear up.....she looked absolutely gorgeous. And your cake was awesome too (I do decorated cakes also).

Chris in Ohio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home