April 26, 2006

In Honor of Lil Man's Birfday...

I have been saving this one for a while. It was one of things I had put together long before I had a blog and probably one of the reasons my sis said to start one. It is absolutely true - no embellishments. It is my life.

My Lil Man started Kindergarten this year. He has always been my baby. He was stuck to me like glue always. I have an attachment to him that I didn't have with my daughter - a pull of some sort - but I always chalked it up to the Mother/Son Relationship. He was sensitive and kind. A flatterer and a charmer. What more could a mommy want?

I found out on his first day of preschool that he was actually a very talented artist (per the teachers there who raved they had never seen anything like it in all their years). I was proud - yes. Was I surprised? Well...no. I had been drawing since I can remember and I assumed one of them would have the itch too. Maybe that was the pull - kindred spirits of sorts.

During the first few weeks, Kindergarten proved to be difficult for the both of us. I missed the little bugger during the day and he was getting beat up in school. OK - maybe not beat up. He was actually hit twice. Once on the bus. Once in class. And SPIT on by a neighbor's kid - who's mother called to tell me about it (like a screeching siren at 7:00am one morning) and he never even told me about it. The kid admitted it to the mom. The neighbor mom made the kid come over and apologize and tell my son that he (the Spitter) was stupid and a jerk and it was ok if my kid never spoke to him again. A bit harsh? Maybe but I was glad. My son - telling the kid - Its ok Kyle - I still like you. Its ok. Don't cry. Yep. My baby. I hated those asshole kids. I coulda hawked a luggie on them - I swear.

So - I tried to toughen him up. I made him join Karate. He hated it. I made him join T-ball. Hated it more. Then. Then I saw a notice come home for a Park and Rec Art Class. He jumped for joy. He BEGGED to go. With a tear in my eye, I realized my boy wanted to be like mom - an artist. It was in his blood. He was sensitive because that's what artists are. OK I said. Off to art class we go.

The following are actual pictures of his drawings from the first day. Enjoy.





8 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Well, you're so right about his being an artist. Just gorgeous.

I actually teared up a little reading this (shut up!) as the mom of a gentle, creative son. He's my oldest and I have panic attacks just thinking about him going off to school next year.

How lame is that?!

-Blue

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I can't stop laughing.
Very cute. :)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Adorable pictures! I love the lion from the front and back. Too cute.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Just had to add-- I was not laughing at the pictures. I was laughing at your comments ABOUT the pics. ;)

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm laughing AT the pictures.

Those still crack me up. I hope you have those priceless little papers stashed somewhere for safe keeping!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Not to worry - I laughed so hard the day I saw these I nearly peed my pants. Then again when I showed my mother and again when hubby came home. I was literally crying.

And since I've shown the internet - I'm really not worried about anyone else laughing.

It IS funny. THEY are funny.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so funny. When I was little I went up to woman in a grocery store and told her she was my favourite colour, she was black.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found you today via Mommycakes- this was laugh out loud funny - thanks! I needed that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home