December 10, 2008

Forgive Me Bloggers, For I Have Sinned, It's Been 5 Weeks Since My Last Post

Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like that, not that I think I have many readers left after my sister up and abandoned her old site. If you are not aware, she does have a new site, here, that she posts periodically to. Drop by and say hello.

Can you believe how close to Christmas we are? Officially 15 days from today all that planning, prepping and hard work will be reduced to a pile of paper on the floor. Miss Thing hounded DH and I to know the "truth" about Santa and considering she will be 11 in less than a few months and in the 5th grade and able to menstruate, we told her. While she already knew the "truth", I could tell she had really been hoping above hope that all of the information she was receiving from her friends was dead wrong. It never occurred to her before now because (and I quote) "She did not believe there was any way in the world WE would buy her and her brother ALL THAT STUFF!" Some years, me neither. But all in all, in works out well because now she can go on covert shopping excursions and pick out a few gifts for Lil Man. That part helps to seal the silence and makes her feel like one of the grown-ups.

A diet update: At week 47, I have lost another pound, totaling the weight loss at 54 pounds.

It is getting harder to shed any additional weight and those last few pounds are really taking a lot of effort to get rid of. I have decided to post the truth in terms of actual numbers here for a New Year's cleansing and most likely a picture or two. I think I may also tell my hubby what that magical number is that he has been curiously seeking out. Feels like the right time to cleanse myself and start anew. I am also cutting my hair short. I know my sister just fell over right now - quick call 911! I have had long hair for many years and I am just done with it. I have an appointment next week to get my long locks cut into a longer angled bob. I may go shorter come the warmer months, but I don't want my entire neck exposed in the dead of winter. I'll post pics when its done!

I am off to go pick up my Christmas Cards and get those addressed and in the mail today. Then I have to take out all the presents (crap) I have piled up in the closet and get a realistic list of what I have actually bought so far. Then I can make a smaller (hopefully) list to finish it off this weekend. The wrapping....uuugggghhhh. Can I go on record and say I officially HATE wrapping? I bag as much as possible, but Santa WRAPS, damn him to hell.

Enjoy the chaos of the next few weeks, Tis The Season!

5 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

Yikes! Christmas cards, I knew there was something I forgot!!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

YAAAAYYYY...New Post! I thought fer sure this was your way of trying to wean us off of you. So glad it wasn't!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about frickin' time, you had a new post. Sheesh. I thought I was bad with the no blogging.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Has it really been that long??
Wow... I must be busy or something.

Welcome back.
xo
LBC

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Lala said...

looking forward to photos, and you're my hero for the weightloss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home