August 04, 2008

One Of My Favorite Blogs

Edited: Because I suck OUT LOUD, I STINK LIKE A DEAD FISH (as we used to say as kids) and neglected to add Molly Wendland, aka Tacky Princess to my post. MY BAD girl - no offense and I am truly sorry!!

One of my favorite blogs is a blog called White Trash Mom. It is more of a lifestyle to adopt, not a person... a persona. I relate to her in so many ways. She works, she cooks, she cleans, she even volunteers. Ok, so - I am NOT like her in the volunteering part... But, I GET her.

Perhaps it is the self deprecating manner that I relate to so well, when the authors tell of their Fakin It At The Bake Sale, essentially making a store bought item look like she spent all day slaving over a hot oven. My type of lady.

Maybe it is her minivan....

Or perhaps it is the many moments in their lives that they share, the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY - about themselves, their kids and the the dreaded Muffia - those PTO Moms that make it their life mission to make us REAL Moms feel badly about ourselves by never failing to point out the many ways in which they are superior. Michelle Lamar and Molly Wendland, authors of the blog, remind us Moms that it is OK to be our imperfect selves with humor, class and a lot of red wine.

And why all of the much deserved accolades you ask??



The White Trash Mom Handbook is set to hit bookshelves August 5th. Yes, they made a handbook for the rest of us! Go to www.whitetrashmombook.com to read the rave reviews, bios and order yourself a copy. The White Trash Mom Handbook is being compared to The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy for those of us with school age kids. A necessity akin to coffee in the morning. A godsend, really.

Need another reason to buy this awesome book??

Not Winning Mother of the Year is listed in the book under the section White Trash Mom's Favorite Blogs and Websites. YES! How friggin cool is that? I am truly honored, and probably undeserving of their praise. But, they like me, damn it - and that's all that matters.

So, go support fellow Moms, bloggers and all around great people. I promise, you won't be disappointed. Go buy the book. Visit their blog, laugh, cry and find a kindred spirit. Don't forget the wine and tell them Sharpie sent you.

7 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy SHITBAGS! You are mentioned in a book!!!!!!!

I actually knew about her book coming out and thought it was hysterical. Will be on my "to read" list.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love her blog too. and that's awesome she gives you mad props.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a clue - That is so NOT a compliment.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Look girls - a REAL LIVE troll!!

Hate away dear ANONYMOUS... but I guess you are simply two faced as you clicked in from WHITE TRASH MOM's blog - her link page specifically....

Go back to your bridge.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I pet the troll? CAN WE KEEP IT?

Cuz, seriously, you KNOW you're popular when you're in a white trash book AND the haters come out.

Well done, big sis.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link love, my dear. Michelle and I are so excited that this week is finally here. And so glad you like my post on fakin' it for the bake sale. We are both huge proponents of THAT!

Results from Contest #3 will be in soon, but it's not too late to enter! (http://www.whitetrashmom.com/2008/08/contest-3---sch.html)

Cheers, from out little trailer park to yours,

Molly Wendland

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

OMG! That is Hilarious that you have a troll!!!!

I want one too.

Wait, maybe not, they're no fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home