August 12, 2008

Of Which, I Talk About My "Issues"

I have had, on and off, for the last 5 years or so, major intestinal issues. I have gone and had a colonoscopy and while they cannot pinpoint a disease, they believe that I suffer from IBS.

It is horrible. The gas, immediate diarrhea and the bloating make you feel OH SO SEXY to be around. And it is embarrassing.

I have tried altering my diet and some things have helped like removing lactose from my diet or on the rare occasion, using Lac-Taid tablets. But, nothing has really made a huge difference.

My mother has become a huge fan of natural path remedies and reading and came across an article that said adding Pro-Biotics into one's diet can dramatically change the "issues". The only Pro-Biotics I had heard of were in yogurt and HELLO - I can't eat yogurt. But, she told me they have it in pill form.

Huh.

So, I picked some up and am taking them with my morning meal. I can't say all of "issues" have gone away, but I can honestly say I do feel - BETTER. I don't know if it is actually working or all in my head.

Has anyone else ever used these? I should note that the ones I picked are NOT associated with any diet supplements or weight loss pills - strickly Pro-Biotics bacterium.

I am so curious....

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I work for chiropractors and we offer pro-biotics in powder form, which are a huge help for digestion. If the pills don't work or you want to try something else I would be happy to send along the info about the brand we recommend. Good luck!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

ouch... I know about the IBS.... it truly sucks. I know where every clean good bathroom in my town is. lol

I have to tell you that Caltrate Plus has worked great for me. If I take 3 tablets a day, my big D pretty much stops. I guess the extra calcium is used by the body to 'soak' up extra water in the intestines and voila.... more bulk to the stool. Just what the internet wanted to know right? More info can be read here: http://www.healthboards.com/irritable-bowel-syndrome/3556.html

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger MJ said...

I had the same issues, and not only did I take pro-biotics but I also had colon-hydrotherapy done a couple of times. It's actually pretty cool, and it helps OH SO MUCH. Seriously, I'd totally recommend it! It's not as revealing as an OB appointment, it's more like a massage. For your intestines.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Everyday Superhero said...

Oh holy do I know what you are talking about. Truly. My childhood GP thought it was lactose intolerance, but, sadly, Lac-Taid was completely unhelpful. And I can eat ice cream until the carton is empty with narry a side effect.

Right. I was going somewhere with this. Acidophilus. Now, I can't say that I have had a lasting relationship with this bacteria via pills. But, I have heard good things.

I stopped taking then before I got pregnant for the first time and we both know that I have pretty much been pregnant ever since. I am thinking highly about resuming our relationship. IBS isn't pretty.

Good luck. If you find something worthwhile, let us know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home