December 10, 2007

2007 Christmas Pictures

I am really late getting their pictures taken this year, but I'm not sweating it. I actually took my own pictures and had cards made at Costco over the weekend. And they'll be ready on Tuesday. And they only cost me $30.00 for a 100 cards. Totally a bargain.

Here's the pic I used.




I can' t get over how much more grown-up they look this year compared to last.

We also made a special trip to go to the mall to get our pictures taken with Santa. I think they went along with it more out of tradition and obligation than because they wanted to. While standing in line Miss Thing informed me that she was NOT sitting on his lap. Lil Man concurred. Sniff. No one was sitting with Santa. DH must have seen my eyes well up and whispered that we were lucky to even be here given their age. He was right. I just don't want it to be over. Not that they ever thought THIS Santa was the real deal, but still.

It was our turn and Santa must have sweet talked her into it, because she did scamper up into his lap. He spoke with them at length for at least five minutes. They all had mischievous grins on their faces. It was so cute.

I yelled over to Miss Thing to tell her to be sure to tell Santa what I wanted, a new set of pans. She spoke to Santa, smiles, and then turned back to me.

"He says you have to be a good girl FIRST."

What the hell, how did he know me SO well. I almost peed myself laughing. What a great Santa. The kids thought he was great and perhaps he DID know the real Santa since he KNEW I was not always good. Too funny. If this IS the last year, it ended on a great note.

Here's the pic.



Here's last year's picture. They look so little.



Where did the time go?

6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Your children are beautiful. And they do look a lot bigger this year but they will always be your babies. You are a great photographer.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

I remember the first year the kids did not want to see Santa. I think that was probably my worse Christmas ever.

The next year they went to see him, because I told them I wanted this to be a tradition. This will be the first year my son (now 24 years old) will not be with us seeing Santa.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

MrsG - Yes, especially my little boy. He really will always be my baby. And its the camera - its a tiny little Sony CyberShot - it takes awesome pictures will no effort. THAT is my kinda camera!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

NAGranny - You FORCE them to go to Santa - I like the way you roll!!!! It is a nice tradition. I have pics from 2000 to now in the same frame of them on Santa's lap - I well up every year when I look through them. But, I LOVE them. The kids are alright too! ;-)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Ohhh.. they just don't stay little long enough, do they???
What great pictures.
xoxo
LBC

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How cute are they! We didn't go to Santa this year. I suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home