November 12, 2007

Mark My Words

That sometime in the near future this particular week of the month will begin Miss Thing's dreaded cycle. I'm not wishing or even hoping for a visit from Auntie Flo for my Lil Tween, but DAMN, the mood swings.

This afternoon she was beading a bracelet, got the whole thing done and tied and it feel apart - and so did she.

I was so shocked by her reaction - I actually laughed. But only got out the first tee-hee when I noticed how upset she was. Slumped shoulders complete with full on tears and incoherent sobbing and quivering lip. Poor baby. She's all chuck full of the first traces of hormones.

We'll see if I'm right. God, help us all.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww!

I remember those first hormonal times. They SUCKED!!

Poor ms. Thing!! *hugs*

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh...no...! Maybe I shouldn't say anything but it took my daughter 2 years of those crappy swings before she started. Sigh...my heart goes out to you.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I still fall apart at little crap now, after 28 years of my "little friend". Poor Miss Thing.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Bev Mahone said...

Try being in a house where the daughter is hormonal and the mother is menopausal. Plenty of interesting times at the OK Corral!!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you bust out a copy of "Are You There God, it's me Margaret" yet?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Fannie said...

What Beverly said x 3. My poor husband....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home