November 02, 2007

Thank You, Tiny Baby Jesus

For making me change my mind and walk upstairs to plug in the Flat Iron that I had told my daughter to. For making me stand right there as I plugged it in and not leaving until it had warmed up like I normally do. For keeping me calm and collected as the Flat Iron burst into flames in my hand. Thank you for the clarity to blow it out and unplug it from the wall before my knees started to shake.

Thank you for the smile that I forced when I told my daughter I could not Hot Iron her hair today before school - BEFORE THE DANCE - because it had caught fire, but I would do my best to blow dry it straight for her. Thank you for not allowing the Flat Iron a few more minutes and possibly igniting my daughter's head. Thank you for reminding me that my life is good and I should be thankful at all times.

Thank you.

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Tiny Baby Jesus indeed.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Violet said...

Holy crap! I'm glad you're both ok!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

OMG!! I'm glad you are okay!!!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Good to hear you are okay.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

How scary! I am so glad that all is well and no one was hurt.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holy Sh%t! Very glad you are both okay!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I can't even imagine how you didn't freak out! I'm glad it happened the way it did though and I'm even more glad that you're all okay.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Fannie said...

I had a friend from Bible Study who called those situations "God Winks". Glad you saw him wink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home