November 27, 2007

Trying To Get Ahead Of The Holidays

Every year I feel like as soon as Halloween hits, the holidays just crash one into another. Thanksgiving comes and I am barely ready and then crash – there is Christmas and I am mad dashing to the store for presents. I get to despise this craziness. So, in an effort to actually enjoy the holidays, I am trying to get ahead of all of this. Thus far, I have successfully done the following…


1. Put up all outside lights and have had them lit from Thanksgiving night on.

2. Put up the Christmas tree and decorated it. We still need to decorate the rest of the house – but I think we still have time considering that it is still only November, right??

3. I have purchased approximately half of the gifts for the kids. All big items are either purchased and in hand or on their way. God, I LOVE me some Internet shopping! I think I will do even more and save myself the trip to the store!

4. I have purchased gifts for my Dad and MIL – they are absolutely done.

5. I have purchase outfits for the kids to wear for their Christmas pictures. I will make the appointment today for their pictures some time this week. Then I can create the cards and have them printed at Costco. I say this every year – let's see if I can actually do it???

6. I am way ahead of my graduate class and feel SO good about it.

7. I need to make a list of cookies I plan to make and then a list of ingredients to buy.

8. I have gifts for the kids teachers, bus driver and CCD teachers.


How are you all doing??

11 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not nearly as far ahead as you are; mostly I have seemingly endless lists with nothing crossed off of them. But, it's still November, right? Right???

Curiosity---what do you get for teachers and CCD teachers? I feel like I do the same thing every year and it is getting stale, stale, stale.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I have almost all my christmas shopping done, just a couple of people to wrap up. Speaking of wrapping--all the presents I do have are wrapped. I feel way ahead of the game this year.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Violet said...

I'm so impressed! Christmas cards are done. Lights and decorations are going to be done on Saturday. I'm working on menu planning this week. Still waiting for wish lists from my family - then hoping to do all my shopping online. Gifts for J are all done! Enjoy your holidays!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I am busy being jealous of you. :) I have done quite a bit of online shopping but I dread decorating.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't mind the puking over here...just realizing how behind I am....

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

Shut up. Just shut up. No wonder Sherry needs therapy.

Damn. I thought I was good because I have my husbands big gift and about 80% of the kids gifts. And this weekend we will put the tree up. i think. And we are getting our Christmas pictures taken on Saturday.

Look, I got the car inspected today, OK? And it wasnt even expriring until 12/15.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Michele. Although it would seem logical that my way over-zealous, over-acheiving sister would draw me clear over the edge, that isn't the case. If anything, she's one of the few things in my life that keeps me sane.

Can someone tell me WHY it's necessary to buy your kids' bus driver a gift? Since when do all these people get presents for the holidays????

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

Sherry and Sharpie -

I was kidding. I think Sharpie is fabulous.

And I dont get the prsents for everyone under the sun thing either.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We knew you were totally kidding...and you're right, she is fab. :) You'll find that out for yourself when you get YOUR ASS UP HERE AND VISIT.

No pressure, tho. :)

So, somebody. Tell what gives about the presents for evvvvvvvvvvverybody.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Susan - I bought last year - the day after Christmas for 75% off - at Joann's Fabrics - every glass blown religious ornament I could find - for $1.00!!!! So, each of the teachers gets one of those (they'll never know they were only 1.00 - they are beautiful) and I make cookies - so, they'll get a small container of cookies as well.

OMG Michele - I laughed OUT. LOUD when I read your comment. Then I called Sherry and we laughed even harder!! You are so funny!!!!! And we are really 2 of the HARDEST people to offend - so really - no worries!!

And my dear sister - I know it seems ridiculous that the teachers, CCD volunteers and bus drivers get a gift - but think about when your 2 start going to school and you will need to entrust this person EVERY DAY with getting your child home safe and sound - even when you don't allow another mom to drive them for ice cream. Trust me - they deserve more than the ornament and cookies. I appreciate her more than she knows. Same goes for the teachers. The CCD volunteer - well, otherwise - you go to hell....

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhh yes. Now it makes sense. I see, I see.

My kids? On a bus? God bless the person who can handle that.

'nuff said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home