October 29, 2007

More Pumpkins Than One Family Should

We are the type of family, that on any given year, has anywhere from two to four pumpkins in various stages of decorated. Some are carved. Some have googly eyes and paint. Some have pipe cleaners and other have stickers. One thing is for sure, they are all most fabulous.

THIS Year...OY....we have 9! NINE! Fully decorated and/or carved pumpkins in our possession.

Take a look will you....

These are of the Carved Variety. They are directly from the pattern book and yes, they did bring on a serious bout of carpal tunnel.

I give you a Haunted Tree and a Boo Ghost.



Also, of the carved variety. I give you a Miss Thing Original (I don't need no stinking pattern) and an alien.



A pumpkin decorated at a Halloween Party by Lil Man. The ribbon was for the Creepiest Costume and his pumpkin won for being the Angriest. Why, yes, it does look quite pissed off.



These pumpkins were created in school and participated in the town wide Pumpkin Festival...which...can YOU SEE IT???? Lil Man scored a ribbon for 5th place for his rendition of a Pumpkin Ghost. Miss Thing's is a Pumpkin Princess. (I LURVE her lips!)






These pumpkins were created in upstate New York at Oktoberfest - and yes, the KIDS made them. Sheesh. Fun and fall festive I say!






The talent is endless at Chez Sharpie, no?

6 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

You are so festive!!

At my house we are lucky to even have a real pumpkin. We usually just take out the ceramic pumpkin I made years ago... We are boring at Halloween!

Now, Christmas... that's a different story. I'll start decorating the day after Thanksgiving... Christmas - that's my holiday!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Are your children sick of pumpkins yet? We have two big ones (uncarved as of yet), two that they decorated at their grief group, and four that I bought for pies...only my son decorated them with sharpie (ha) markers and who was I kidding with the making pies anyway. I think all of your pumpkins look fab.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute!

I usually have all sorts of decor up, but alas this year..it just never happened.

congrats to little man for all his awards! (btw..what was his costume?)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So cute!!

I have yet to buy a pumpkin. Yes, Halloween is tomorrow...grrr

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

How very creative you guys are. We didn't do any big pumpkins this year, more of the "if you can carry it, you can have it" variety. We painted ours, and it's amazing how creative kids can get.

Happy Halloween!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Keetha said...

Wow! Those look great! We carved, um, one pumpkin, and it looked so pitiful I cannot even post a photo of it. Yours are inspiring. Maybe next year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home