October 18, 2007

You Want The Truth?? You Can't Handle The Truth...

God, I love that scene in the movie, don't you?

Ok, you asked - I'm answering.

Here goes....

Heather asks: What's your favorite drink when you want to relax? Favorite food? Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere? Who are you going to vote for next November?

Favorite drink - Cosmo-fuckin-politan.
Favorite food - Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream
Vacation - On any island - in the sun - next to the ocean.
Election? - I don't vote. Period. And, I don't apologize for it either.

Chris asks: When was the first moment it hit you "OMG. I AM mom?"

I think exactly 10 seconds after I was discharged from the hospital and I realized "Holy Fucking Shit - I have exactly NO Clue how to do this. And then again when I couldn't get the car seat in right in the hospital parking lot and then again as we were driving away - as I was sure they would realize their mistake and take her away from me because I had absolutely no idea what to do with a baby. And pretty much every moment of every day until last week. Now it's like twice a week....

My dearest sister asks - Have you thought of doing some volunteer/charity project? Like your Great American Bake Sale from the other year????

Sure. I have THOUGHT about it and that seems to be as far a I've gotten. Lately I have been working on a personal project - a not-for-profit organization that I have created and hope some day to see come to fruition. I actually even have some impressive people wanting to help me get some grant money to get it off the ground. Alas, I am not ready - emotionally, physically, financially or even have enough time to dedicate to it. But, its there - secretly calling to me to finish what I started. I wish I could tell you all more - but its top secret at the moment.

Now, bring on more questions!

6 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never had a cosmo...hmmm...
I've contemplated not voting myself this year. Blech.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Heather - OMG - You MUST try one next time you have an opportunity.

Its Vodka (I use Absolut Citron), Triple Sec (splash), Lime Juice (splash) and Cranberry juice - to turn it light pink (I buy the lite version) shake together with ice and strain into Martini glass (no Ice) - take a slice of lime and rub along the lip of the glass - then toss it in. Yuuuummmmm. I am actually wondering if I have everything to make one RIGHT NOW.

Is that a problem?

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you take a question in the form of me fishing for help? :) I need to tell my parents I'm knocked up. They'll be thrilled but I want to do it over Thanksgiving in some sort of creative way. Like giving them Grandma and Grandpa t-shirts but somehow kicking it up a notch. Any ideas?

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Anonymous - OMG yes - I'll help. Give me a little info - your age - are you married - this will help.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

I think my first moments were about the same.

We got home..just the 3 of us..and I was like....................................................Okay.......................Now what?????

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

MMMM...sounds good! I LOVE cranberry juice...I'll have to try it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home