November 01, 2007

Best Advice EVER

I noticed the other day, that I had lost a stone from my 3-stone diamond anniversary ring. After searching high and low in every nook and cranny, I wiped my tears and called the store from which my hubby had bought the ring. They have a stone replacement policy if you take it to get the prongs and stones checked every 6 months - which I had NOT, cause who the fuck has time for THAT?! And really?? This ring is a year and a half old - my other rings are over a decade old and I have never had a problem - so did I think about it ever? Ah...no. But, I thought that I would take a chance and perhaps it would go in my favor.

After explaining my predicament to Jay, from lovely Kay's jewelers, he pauses and says, "What you really should do is...."

"Yes???"

"Find the stone."

(pause to see if he is fucking with me. He is not.)

"Yeah, thanks for that. Cause I never would have thought of THAT one on my own. In the OFF chance that doesn't happen, what are my options?"

Well, there ya go. Find the stone. No problem...I'm on it. Assholes.

5 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

He's BRILLIANT! Not.

BTW - your kids look adorable in their costumes ;-)

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

What a douchebag, and I am sure he said it like he had this FABULOUS idea. Dumbass.

I second Heather, the kids look great.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That guy should have his own advice colunm.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Wow... that's stating the obvious...
Duh!

He's a moron!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - came here from Blue's Blog. Have you tried to see if your homeowner's would cover its replacement??? Mine covers up to $2,500. If your ring is worth more than that you have to have a rider - please this is so painful for me my 16 year old engagement ring went missing this summer.

Good luck - time to change jewelers or talk to the a-hole's boss. What a jerk!

Good luck!

Katya Mother of 5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home