September 14, 2007

FYI

When agreeing to allow your 9 year old to go to the library after school BY HERSELF in which she has to WALK to the library ALONE (across the street - but you see my point) and you have given strict instruction to walk directly to the library, call the instant you get there on your cell phone and do not dare step foot outside the door until I am there to chaperone my darling home.....

And then you decide that you are going to go spy on her to make sure she FOLLOWED EVERY DETAIL.

And while spying, only to see that in fact she did all of the above in stellar form and attention to detail, you go unnoticed. (THANK GOD - cuz, can you imagine if she SAW me there?!)

And all the while you are glowing at the fine specimen you are sending out into the world - you suddenly realize that you are NOT HOME in time for your Lil Man, who at all of 7 years old, is standing in front of your locked house when he gets off the bus.

Yes.

Mother Of The Year 2007-2008.

12 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

Umm..okay. Don't beat yourself up too much!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I am laughing so hard my head hurts and I just emailed a bunch of friends the link to this entry! I have been reading your blog since I found it searching for THE CONCERT (which I attended with another crazy mom and 4 little girls ranging form 9yrs to 4 yrs). All I can say is if you lived here in the "happiest place on earth" you would SO be our BFF!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Momoftwo - welcome! And if you survived THE CONCERT (hopefully with the delicious beverage I enjoyed while there) AND live one block over from the sun (or HELL) near THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH - we can TOTALLY be BFFs!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jenny Wynter said...

That's hilarious!! If it's any consolation you've made me feel much better about my own short-comings this morning... :-)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

LOL!! That's classic!!
You are SOOO normal!
xo
LBC

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

teehee. I still don't think you win but that's funny in the retelling.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

I love it.

You're so real.

And, we're related.

How fab.

BTW, I'm having the trophy engraved as we speak.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hee hee hee....come on now, it's a little funny. I totally would spy on mine too.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally something I would do!

Three cheers for Miss Thing!! You are Mother of the Year.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

That's just fabulous! I'm so sorry your lil man was outside but it's wonderful that your gal did everything she was supposed to do. Maybe you'll get runner up to mother of the year. He he.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I love this story. Mother of the Year, indeed.

Who among us can't relate?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Victoria said...

Perfect! Love your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home