August 10, 2007

Officially NOT A Little Girl Anymore



Miss Thing is 9, turning 10 in February - which officially makes her 9 and a HALF. She's always sure to tell you that half mark when you inquire about her age.

This morning, I removed a framed poster from above her bed at her request. Begrudgingly, I removed the masking tape that had securely held the colorful Disney Princess Poster since 11/18/01 (yes, I dated it) and replaced it with a High School Musical 2 Poster.

She is officially no longer my little girl, content to play with Barbies or her dollhouse. I guess I should have seen this coming when earlier in the week she asked me to pick her up BLUE NAIL POLISH at the store while I was there - she wanted her nails painted that color for the First Day of School. Sure, no problem...anything, else??

*sigh*

5 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lana M. said...

That is seriously THEE coolest photo ever!!!!! Where was it taken? I love it.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Lana - Thanks!! Pop Century Hotel in Disney, Florida. She's actually in the 0 of 1970....

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

I remember when daughter asked us not to unpack her Barbies after our move to Alaska...I think I cried the rest of the day (she was 11)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

My LLB is 12 and she wants me to paint her room this week... one wall pink and the other 2 a light beige. Then, she found a cool teenager type comforter set... I'm having trouble letting go, too...
xo
LBC

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you from Blue's Blog!
Yeah my 12 almost *GASP* 13 yo is just scarin me. She is too darn beautiful and ...
SIGH She's off to 8th grade in a month! UGGGH
Katya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home