July 23, 2007

We're Back

We are back from Florida - Land of the Mouse and all it's gift shops. Thank you to my wonderful sister for posting at NWMOTY. I laughed at the questions and at the answers. Perfect. As usual for her.

I have but one question for all of you SOUTHERN folk....especially those in Florida - HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE THERE IN THIS HEAT OF THE SUMMER?!?!?! I mean, GOD! I think I lost weight on vacation. Yeah, Yeah, I know it was only water weight - but still. I swear we sweated from the moment we woke until we slept again.

The weather was a consistent 92 - 95 degrees with a heat index in the 100s every day we were there. And those daily thunder and lightning storms? Well, aren't they a hoot'n-nanny?? Awesome, especially when you are in line for a ride and your kids are leaning on the metal chain-link robes they use to cattle you through the mouse-maze. Might as well fly a kite with a key attached, for fuck's sake. It was SO hot - we simply stayed out later at night - sometimes until 2:00 am and slept in until 10:00 in the morning - ate breakfast and got to the parks near 12:00. That way we were only in the direct sun a few hours before we caught a bit of relief around 4 or 5:00.

As I mentioned in a comment to my sister, there was puking. A single incident on the 3rd day we were there. I thought - oh God - not again. But, it was just the one time - and I think it was a bit of overeating, the hot sun, and waiting in line at the dreaded Tower of Terror. Again. Poor Lil Man - it's always him.

We rode every ride, saw every show and ate everything imaginable. We also bought every picture from every ride that offered one. There are some classics there - and I will show you some when I get caught up over here. For now, I'll show you this, from Animal Kingdom, in front of the Everest ride (which was awesome), from the Photopass CD we bought.



Disney does this Photopass card which you give to all the photographers, who are located everywhere in all the parks, and they combine all of the photos from your visit. The nice thing is, you are all in the pics - no one is missing and they know the best spots to take the photos. The entire CD cost around $100 - which seems steep - but we payed $20.00 for each cheesey ride photo and got over 50 photos on the CD. Last year we had 140 photos. It costs the same no matter how many pictures you have. I know a women who went down with her family and the combined all the Photopass Cards and got 400 pics for the same price. Tomorrow - I hope to add to my list from last year of Things I Learned From Disney.

6 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!! you're back!!!

That picture is great. Proof y'all are one disgustingly attractive family.

One question...what the HELL are you doing up and POSTING at 6:30am?????? GO BACK TO BED!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

How do we live in Florida in the summer...A/C!! That and we visit Disney in the winter!!

Glad you are back and glad you had a nice time!! Thank you for improving the Florida economy..we need all the help we can get what with insurance, housing, electric bills in the summer (whine, whine, whine) :)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

See, I TOLD you it was damn hot down here. July-early Sept SUCK balls. As Not a Granny said, we don't stay outside at all unless we're in the pool or its just rained. A/C is a must or I would DIE. Sounds like you had the right idea though - stay out late and sleep in.

That pic is adorable! I see you bought the fan/bottle things. My kids loved those things.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

The year my youngest brother graduated from high school my parents got the bright idea to do one more entire family vacation--to Disney, over the fourth of July--let's just say we spent LOTS of time on the air conditioned It's A Small World!

Nice photo!

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. The heat can be "fun" down there. We just opted to use the "early hours" to go to that park in the morning, returned to the hotel for lunch and the pool during the hot part of the day, and then whatever park has "extended evening hours" is where we spent our evenings.

Glad to hear other than the one incident, you managed to avoid the "highlights" of the last trip.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I can't WAIT to see some of the pictures. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home