May 16, 2007

Cleaning Out The Cobwebs

Sorry to be away so long - it seems like EVERYTHING and NOTHING has been going on at the same time.

Last week my husband went away to Chicago on business and I was left to hold down the fort. Here's a few things I learned....

1. After 11 years of marriage and never spending a night apart - it is REALLY hard to sleep.
2. There is nothing on TV at 3 am.
3. I never want to be a single parent - I cannot believe how hard it is all by yourself.
4. If I were, I would never cook another real meal again. (We ate crap all week)
5. It is lonely with no one to talk to.
6. If I ever am a single parent - I am getting me a WIFE - you know, someone to cook, clean, take care of the kids so I can take a minute to reprieve.
7. Having 3 projects due for school on the week your husband is away really SUCKS.
8. I need to stop making fun and calling him Saftey Man because he checks all the doors and windows - because I obsessively did it every night.
9. Mapquest really can help you. DH was so lost driving from the airport to the hotel - I was able to get him there using mapquest AND I kinda felt WITH him being able to name the streets.
10. I really do not want him to travel again.

The weekend brought a Communion and Mother's Day - all very wonderful! I was spoiled with gifts and cards and plants the kids had made at school. I worked out in the yard - weeded all the beds, took out my statues and spray painted them back to new form, put the deck furniture back on the deck and overall enjoyed crossing off a bunch of things off my list.

We open the pool next week and are putting in a solar heater. Cross your fingers this helps out.

I need to buy some flowers and get those planted - hopefully this weekend.

And why do I feel so OLD this week? I have been trying to spruce myself up - got a little color being outside (actually I burned like a lobster - but NOW it looks like a little color). I even started whitening my teeth with the trays from the dentist. My teeth are super sensitive right now and I am hoping it is all worth it in the end when I can use my 100 watt smile to flag down a rescue ship if I am ever shipwrecked.

I really need to start working out again - I feel like crap.
What do you guys do to feel younger? Better about yourselves?

8 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My secret?

I call Sharpie and she WHIPS my ass into line.

Seriously, I've noticed how a little walk can do the trick. My mood has been better, I have tons more energy and I do feel a tad younger, all from a little stroll in the sunshine. That an an eyebrow wax will lift my spirits about age a bit, too.

If it's any consolation, you don't LOOK a day over 27.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prince Charming went on a trip when I was preggers with Bean and I was so miserable. I constantly jumped over every noise.

I had gone through that a few weeks ago and found that playing a game of soccer or monkey in the middle with the kids really helped. Plus putting make up and my fav. earings on. I also started doing my ablounge every other day and yoga on the off days.

Glad you had a happy mothers day!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I dont know about feeling younger, but I would like a wife too. It is hard doing everything on your own when you are used to having extra hands.

Actually, I have lost some weight and that has made me feel better. But a boob job and a nanny would help me immensely.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger melodyann said...

Man, you HAVE been busy!

I did those whitening trays once. My teeth were oh, so beautiful, but that stuff made them actually ACHE like a motherfucker. Then I started smoking again, and waved bye-bye to all that wasted money.

Now I feel better about myself by making fun of others. But only the ones who deserve it. It's way cheaper.....

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I realized today that for months I've thought I was 38. I'm really 37, and I have no idea why I was aging myself, especially since I don't even feel 37. It helps to have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. And Victoria's Secret. With 10 pounds of foam rubber and wires, I can look like I have a boobs of an 18 year old without surgery.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Slackermommy said...

My hubby travels quite a bit. Everything you wrote is so true.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

My solution is to drink heavily.

You'd be surprised at how a few shots of Jack Daniels will make you act like you're 18!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger justme said...

feel younger, i have not figured that out yet, but treating myself to facials/massages/pedis - keeps me sane. younger, maybe driving with the radio real loud and singning along ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home