April 17, 2007

I Lend You My Heart

I have nothing witty or funny to post today. I am utterly saddened by the images and sounds I have witnessed on my TV. I have watched the reports of the shootings at Virginia Tech and I feel helpless and lost.

To be a parent to one of the students, a wife or husband to one of these professors - I can not imagine your pain. I know that I can not help that pain fade.

But know that this mother lends you her heart to help you grieve. I will share your tears. I will send my prayers to God himself to somehow make this tragic ordeal ......what? ......less painful? ...livable? ........manageable?.....
I don't know. I know it will make it none of those. I hope that you can find solace in knowing that others, myself included, feel your loss as if it were our own.

How I wish this had never happened.
My prayers, my heart, my tears are with you.

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Ditto.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

Amen.

My God be with those who died and the families of those lost.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes.

It's just a horrible tragedy.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Ditto again.

I have a connection with that school and that town so it hit me quite hard.

Crazy people ...

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam a foreigner.
you are right
life is not always flat .
wish you have fun ever day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home