September 20, 2006

Crab Apples

On Saturday, we hopped in the car and made the journey up north to MA to the Big E. Now, if you don't live in the North East - you may not know what the Big E is, so I'll give you the basics. It's the biggest fair around. And food, and rides, and food, and farm animals, and food, and horse shows, and food, and crafters, and food, and shows (Foreigner was playing that night) and food, a circus and Cream Puffs. You get what I'm saying.

Around these parts, its known as the Big Eat. And hey, a place like that is OK in my book. The kids love going and seeing the attractions. They have baby pigs (my favorite - and not just on my plate next to the eggs) and a hatchery that boasts over 10,000 chicks born during the Big E's 3 week block. It's a very cool family thing to do.

And the place is beautiful. Historical buildings, stone walls and all sorts of trees.

While walking in the sunshine, we were passing a beautiful line of trees - and one in particular had gorgeous, full branches and little red fruit on them.

DH who grew up in the city and never even saw a real live frog before I transplanted him in the country says, "Is that a cherry tree?"

Me, stifling a laugh, "Uh, No honey, that's a crab apple tree."

Lil Man, not missing a beat says, "Well, ya know, the BAD apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."

Seriously, where does he come from?

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger VTek said...

A comedian in the works!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

1 - Little Man, very funny
2 - Big Eat - right up my alley
3 - Some jokes! Just a few days late and many dollars short. I saw these over at "Binkytown' and thought of you"
Friday quickies because I'm too tired to think of anything original and my funny coworker sent me these this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quickie ..1
One day, a husband came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very
sexy nightie. "Tie me up," she purred, "and you can do anything you want."
So he tied her up and went golfing.


Quickie ..2
A woman came home, screeching! her car into the driveway, and ran into the
house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs, "Honey,
pack your bags. I won the damn lottery!"

The husband said, "Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain
stuff?" "Doesn't matter," she said. "Just get the hell out."


Quickie ..3 A Polish immigrant went to the DMV to apply for a driver's
license. First, of course, he had to take an eye sight test. The optician
showed him a card with the letters: 'C Z W I X N O S T A C Z.' "Can you
read this?" the optician asked.

"Read it?" the Polish guy replied, "I know the guy."


Quickie ..4 Mother Superior called all the nuns together and said to them, "I must tell you all something. We have a case of gonorrhea in the convent."

"Thank God," said an elderly nun at the back. "I'm so tired of chardonnay."

Quickie ..5 Fifty-one years ago, Herman James, a North Carolina mountain man, was
drafted by the Army. On his first day in basic training, the Army issued
him a comb. That afternoon the Army barber sheared off all his hair. On his
second day, the Army issued Herman a toothbrush. That afternoon the Army
dentist yanked seven of his teeth. On the third day, the Army issued him a
jock strap.

The Army has been looking for Herman for 51 years.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Jeez, Michele I was fine until that last one ... I laughed so loud I scared my dogs.

Sharpie, you SO have me jonesing for our own fair - another Eat-O-Rama. We must have ours later than y'all because it's still hot here? Ours isn't until mid October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home