September 05, 2006

Start of Week 2

Amazing how the long Labor Day weekend makes you think MAYBE there is a little bit of summer left and then BAM the next day - back to the grind.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

We didn't jam ourselves with tons to do - a little visit with the parents and my lurvly sista and her kids (who now that they are mobile could give a shit if Auntie Sharpie wants to pick them up and hold them, damn it - MOVE I gots places to go!) and then a visit with the in-laws which ended with me making out like a bandit on the take-home front.

Not only did I take home lots of food, SIL just arrived back from overseas and brought many a gift for one and all. I received a few things for the house and 2 beautiful sets of necklace/bracelet combo. Which is such irony, because anyone who has read more than 3 posts from me or my sister knows we don't HAVE wrists - it goes from shoulder to hand - no in-between. HOWEVER, the Europeans in all their brilliance - make their bracelets absolutely adjustable - even for my fat wrists. (Either that or SIL gave this MUCH more thought than I am giving credit for and actually bought anklets and is just passing them off....

I know that I have been really lacking in the posting department - so I thought I'd give you a little recap of my week last week - just so we could all catch up.

1. 1st and last days of the week involved Lil Man - the puking you know about - what you don't know is that on Friday - with the bus barreling down the road and Lil Man like he had a rocket stuck up his ass - went tearing up the walkway and the driveway to get the bus. Like a bad slow-mo in a movie, flash back to me standing on the porch screeching "NOOOOOOOO! Don'ttttt runnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" Appropriate look of horror as the backpack he was rolling lost control and his legs just could not keep up with the laws of physics - down he went skidding to a stop on hands and knee. Like a good mom my first response was "See, THIS is why I tell you not to run!" Yes, I did. A little antiseptic later and a quick band-aid on the knee - I caught the bus on the way back and sent him on his way, ripped brand-new pants and all. No I didn't change his pants.

2. Soccer started for both Lil Man and Miss Thing - which equals to four days at the fields - 2 days of practice Wednesday and Friday and 2 days of games, Saturday and Sunday.

3. The college class I teach started the week before last. I have 5 kids. Guess how many showed up? One. Yes, One. This past week all 5 showed to receive my wrath. Awesome. It's gonna be a LONNNNG semester.

4. One shitty word - FUNDRAISERS. Yes, they came home on the 4th day of school.

5. I have filled out no less than 25 information sheets between the 2 kids for school - don't they already HAVE this shit?? Seriously!

6. I made home-made Tiramisu. It was so good. Expensive to make, but so good.

7. I had to buy both of the kids pants - because A) it is no longer summer here AT ALL and B) they were both above the ankles. Cripes. I thought I had until at least end of September - but no.

8. I enrolled in a grad program, to get my Master's Degree in Graphic Design.

Yeah that's it - no 9 or 10 because it's obvious from above - I have no time to do any such thing. I will try to post more, honest I will.

5 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I'll buy shit from your fundraiser if you buy shit from mine.

Are ya gonna try to return the pants?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Ouch, wow & good luck!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Oh, OH! Terribly excited for you about the grad school thing! I'm so in awe. I'm absolutely itching to go back (and *hangs head and whispers* finish my UNDERgrad degree), but I'm just a teensy bit busy right now.

At least I've figured out what I want to be when I grow up.

Oh, and I had to laugh about the skinned knees (not the knees themselves but the first words out of your mouth). I do the same thing. "Now, didn't I TELL you ...?"

-Blue

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger macboudica said...

My line for my kids is "THAT's what you GET!" I wouldn't have changed his pants either.

Good luck with the grad school!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my son, who is a klutz of gargantuan proportions fell down as a younger boy he would look up at me in disgust and say "I was just walking!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home