August 28, 2006

1st Day Of School 2006

Well here they are - all set for school.
Could ya just?



Goth Girl and Dead Head Boy.
They look like they are auditioning for a Cyndi Lauper video from the 80's.

At least I know they got my sense of accessorizing. Too much? Perhaps - but it IS the first day. Dress to impress.



And the attitude.... Not. An. Act.
Now, if I could only figure out WHERE in the world she picked that up from....


This morning proved to be a very smooth start to the school year. What's that? Did someone yell out "Sounds too good to be true?" Shit yeah, it was.

I find the only way I can deal right now is to write a little limerick (for the record, I have never EVER written one before - so fuck off)

All smiles and hugs and waves goodbye.
Armed with backpacks and snacks and money - oh my.
A few memorable pictures, a snap here and there.
A few last minute instructions - just to be clear.

Please be careful and watch and please CHEW your food.
I was greeted with I KNOW said with a mood.
So off they went - not a tear in HIS eyes
And not mine either after I said my goodbyes.

Not later than noon, the phone did ring
I looked at the caller I.D. with chagrin
Twas the nurse from the school calling for me
It was about Lil Man - it had to be.

Be still my heart - I'm sure he's alright
The nurse described his terrible plight.
It seems he was so nervous and scared and then some.
The burger and the rest decided to come out the way it had come.


That's right, internet friends he was so scared he puked.
On the very first day of school. Can you believe it?

God help me this year.

12 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Poor guy! There is nothing more embarrassing than puking at school.

Gorgeous kids ya got there!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Oh, the poor little sweetheart! It's cute at that age though- I still puke when I'm nervous, and at my age I just can't get away with it!

Give him a week, and he'll be walking out the door in the mornings without even a backward glance at you.

As us Aussies say: "He'll be right, mate!"

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Jenny Wynter said...

I second that, mate!!

Poor little guy - how horrid. And poor you - I know when it comes to dealing with pukey clothes I'd opt for a bat over the head with an egg-beater given the chance.

Oh well...at least you got a limerick out of it!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing!!

My little man started kindergarten this year (full day). I got calls from the office for injuries on 3 out of the first 4 days. The second one for a BROKEN ARM. I keep telling him that kindergarten is dangerous...*sigh*

It'll get better for him...and your kids are beautiful, by the way!

Bobbi
bandthejs@yahoo.com

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

So very adorable.

I am so sorry about little man's puking incident. I got my period all over my baby blue pants my first day of 10th grade. I know the pain.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger macboudica said...

Aww! Poor little fella...

My little guy's first day of KJ is Sept 11 (bad omen, right?) and I dread it. I am not as worried about him puking, though, as I am about him destroying the school. He has a knack for that. I can't wait for the call from the nurse telling me he was injured in some freak plumbing injury (he really enjoys stuffing objects like full bars of soap in the box down toilets).

They will get used to school, though...it will get better, right? Hopefully.

Your kids are really cute!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Jeez, you people are really scaring me.

*breaks into a cold sweat*

Hopefully mine will be as gorgeous and cool looking as yours when they start.

*chews nails*

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never told us what you ended up buying for the bat mitzvah....

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger VTek said...

You guys should try to get a reality show -lol.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, the poor guy! I hope he was okay...

And the pics are too cute. I think my daughter already has that attitude and she's 3. I'm doomed.

Hope the next few days were better!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Johannah said...

I hear you there. My DD's first day of school (on Wednesday) her neck would opened up and dripped smooge down her front. Maybe they should get married?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger JayMonster said...

Now, if I could only figure out WHERE in the world she picked that up from....

Now that is not fair sneaking something that funny in there in the middle!!! Who is going to clean that nose blown coffee off of my monitor now? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home