April 19, 2006

6 Weird Things (Times 2)

Which is twelve - but I could be wrong because, as I have mentioned before I suck at math. Without a calculator - I'm sunk.

So here's my list - since I've been tagged twice (I feel like the loser fat kid who couldn't run fast enough to never NOT be it)

1. I have weird body parts. I have no ankles or wrists to speak of. I am also double jointed in my thumbs and my toes. I can actually wave with my toes - fully fold them down and curl them under my feet... and I can walk around like that on the stumps on my feet - toes tucked under. Shut Up. I KNOW it's fucked up that I know I can.

2. I was once stalked by a man who was in jail. He used to write me letters about when he was getting out how he was going to visit me (and dice me into a million pieces) OK he didn't say that - but I was in college and it scared the FUCK out of me and HELLO he had my address!! A friend of the family who worked at the jail he was in threatened him and the letters stopped.

3. I once had a man jerk-off in front of me in McDonald's. Apparently, they really do use special sauce. He had a notebook up in front of him (nice cover, I never would have known). I literally threw my entire lunch I had just bought away and ran out of there.

4. I am an absolute FREAK MAGNET. Ask anyone who knows me - weird people seek me out. While walking the 6 blocks to the Swanky Affair - there was a large black man walking down the street rapping as loud as he could and who was he singing about? The girl with the basket. Yes. It happens all the time.

5. I have a serious affection for my IPOD. Actually I love it more than my family. Ok maybe not my immediate family - but the rest.

6. I work on national products/campaigns and pretend to everyone else its no big deal. But when I see my stuff I secretly freak a little. Like when my ads were in Sports Illustrated, Sporting News and ESPN magazine. It still gives me goosebumps.

7. I don't leave home without make-up on, my hair done, my attire in order or my wedding rings. Its like my armor. I feel naked without it. And yes, my nails are done too. Superficial, maybe. But I swear I just don't feel right without it. And I can shower and do all of the above in 20 minutes tops.

8. I am honest to a fault. If you want to know the truth (or don't) I'll tell you. I think part of this is because I am the most pathetic liar on earth. The other is I have no filter, as I have told you before. I often disclose everything I do wrong/stupid - like I'm confessing. I think I do it to see if I'm the only one. Plus, I totally can laugh at myself. And others.

9. I Google everything. I may be addicted.

10. I own more jewelry than a woman should.

11. I am an overachiever. Always have been. Its an issue. On top of that I am a control freak. Great combination.

12. You probably don't want to go gambling with me. Especially roulette - I can't stop. Seriously. Ask my sister.

9 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the fat kid tagged twice in tag, you're the popular chick that EVERYONE wanted to know about your freakness.

See, and you thought you couldn't come up with 6. Damn overachiver...

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

The "outside of the house Sharpie" contrasts so beautifully with the "Peapod Incident Sharpie".

Will the real Slim Sharpie, please stand up? Please stand up?

PS - Let us know when one of your ads prints. You are one of the few people I *know* who actually has a cool job.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger VTek said...

LOL and ditto on #6 being cool!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

hey - you definitely sound like a cool bean and I wanna hang with you! I've got to know more about your work in the mags. Clue me in as I'm clueless.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are in advertising and Sherry was in radio, was there a relative or someone who got you gals involved in those fields? Any connection between the two?

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon,

If that IS your real name...

Sharpie and I ventured into those fields on our own merits. No connection, we're just that talented and fabulous, is all. Kidding, of course. Actually, we both lived (Sharpie is still living) very, cool jobs.

We're just products of hard work and magnetic personalities.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

LOL sis.

She's right - on our own - not connected.

But I think it did have something to do with our parents being very supportive in us being able to choose a career that we really enjoyed. And my father hammering home that we, as women, needed to have our own careers BEFORE we got married - so we would never have to rely on anyone or stay in a bad situation feeling there was no way out.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a simple question with no negative connotation to it. Obviously there is a link between advertising and radio which would make it a logical question! Thanks Sharpie

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Dear Anon -

We did not take your question as negative in any way. We welcome all questions - obviously from #8 - you'll get the truth! ;-)
Hope you were not offended - we are kidders around here and we meant no offense at ALL. We are a sarcastic fun-loving bunch - we just like to joke around.

We took no offense to your question either.
Sharpie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home