July 24, 2008

Since She Isn't Here

Since my sister up and left me for the next three weeks, I am left to simply imagine what the conversation would have been like this morning....

Ring....... (it would be her calling me - because I suck in terms of calling people and she is always good about it)

"Hellllllllllllllllloooooooooo" she would say in a sing-songy voice.

"Ouch, yeah...Hi." (me sounding cranky and out of sorts - as usual)

"What is it? What's wrong? Are you ok??" and she would say like she really meant it, because she did.

"I don't know. I mean... I woke up this morning and my left wrist really hurts."

"What do you mean hurt, like you slept wrong on it?"

"No. More like if I bent my wrist, ya know like I was doing the "limp wrist" thing....."

"Limp wrist thing?? Why would you DO that?"

"No, I wasn't DOING that - it hurt MORE when I did do that. Now it is hurting all the way up my arm into my shoulder blade."

"What did you do yesterday to hurt it. WAIT... it is NOT a handjob thing is it, because I'm not sure I want to hear about that...."

"NO NOT A HANDJOB! Didn't you hear me say it was my LEFT hand, ya know I'm right-handed and therefore only give handjobs with my right hand. GOD, EVERYONE knows that!"

She would be hysterical at this point, but still willing to play along.... "Did you hurt it exercising? Were you trying to be like Vera de Milo??"

"Nice. No."

"So, you didn't do it working because you are as you said - RIGHTHANDED. Swimming?"

"No."

"OOOHH, wait, what about staining the deck?"

"No, it didn't bother me until this morning."

At this point she wold be yelling in a muffled tone to the kids about not touching something or another - most likely Max....

"Yeah, sorry.... so what is it??"

"I think I know...but, I don't want to tell you..."

"What?? Don't be stupid...what is it??"

"Do you promise not to laugh??"

"Ok. Yes, you weirdo, I promise not to laugh... What is it..." And she would already be giggling....

"I think I hurt it ............. playing Wii. Specifically cow jumping..."

And she would be completely hysterical and begin wheezing until Max asked her if she alright....


Yes, I miss her..... It's going to be a long 3 weeks....

6 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the cow jumping!
How great you and your sister are that close. Don't worry I'm sure your kids will be happy to keep your mind off her being gone by fighting extra. Hee hee!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger CrookedPigtails said...

That sounds EXACTLY like our conversations, too! I totally concur: longest three weeks ever.

At least I am enjoying my new (to me) knives and salad spinner. ;0)

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COW JUMPING? THE HELL????????

See what I miss? Bitch(es)! I miss you!

On a related note, I have introduced my geriatric set in-laws to the Wii, and my father in law, my 78 year old father in law, stalked out the local Walmart (the ONE Walmart in like a 50km...er...mile radius) to BUY one. And he's been playing it everyday and every evening since we hooked ours up. It's a hoot. And I have video.

At the moment, D and I are clicking away on our laptops at the local diner, located within a large gas station, because it's the only place around wireless internet. And, it's 11:30pm.

It's a rolicking time, can you tell?

Miss you tons. Metric tons, baby.

And ease up on the Wii, will ya? You just might pull something else.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Damn you Wii to hell...

And Susan - really I am certain - you could not POSSIBLY be enjoying the new (to ME) knife and salad spinner..... As I left AFTER you and had quite a LARGE bag....

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooove it! I also love that you and your sister are that close. My sister and I are really close, too, though we don't talk nearly as often as you and your sister seem to. We do have the sort of relationship where we can be together for hours, then leave each other and immediately have to call each other because we forgot to tell the other something. Of course, maybe that's just 'cuz' we're ditzy. Hmmm...

Molly
(aka Tacky Princess on www.whitetrashmom.com and Balanced Babe on www.mothersbalancingact.com)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I had Carpal Tunnel-like pain in my left wrist, which seemed weird because I'm right-handed. Then I realized it was from Guitar Hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home