May 12, 2008

A Letter To My Daughter's Fourth Grade Teacher,

First off, let me say how much I adore you personally and professionally. From the first parent teacher conference, I knew that you would be a tremendous positive influence in my daughter's life. Your personality and wit are matched with my own and I knew my daughter would thrive. But. BUT. I had no idea how much I would love you on Mother's Day.

Sure, I thought the flower photo memo holder you helped them create was fantastic. And yes, I thought the picture frames with the kids pictures in them were only merely shadowed by the awesome notes that wrote on back. And while the personal poems from each student were the icing on the cake, it was not my favorite part of Mother's Day.

My daughter retold a story about your personal quest to teach each student the proper use of Possessive Pronouns, both plural and singular usages. I admire your tenacity. I admire your never-ending quest to teach children the proper use of the English language. And when she told of how you wrote the following sentence on the Smart Board...

Where are the dogs balls?

And the entire fourth grade class broke out in hysterical laughter. I admire you most for keeping a straight face through the entire ordeal and steadfast until someone answered how to correctly use the apostrophes. My daughter said you never wavered. I myself would not have had that in me.

So, above all else, I thank you for the hardest and longest laugh I have ever had on Mother's Day.

Sincerely,
Miss Thing's Mom

5 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lana M. said...

Oh how I have a feeling that story will be told around your house for year's to come. At least it would be in mine. Classic...love it!

(Okay, now I'm all English paranoid. Did I properly use the apostrophe in "year's" or did it no need one?)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Lana M. said...

*not* need one.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story will live on in infamy. HYSTERICAL!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

oh my friggin' word!! I am hysterical. I'm sure that story will live on and on in your family.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

v v funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home