May 29, 2008

Favorite Things

Not as good as Oprah (read you ain't getting any free shit from me), but I figured I would share some of my favorite things with you all.

1. Losing 40 pounds. Yes, as of Sunday, May 25th, I am officially 40 pounds lighter. I cannot even articulate how fucking awesome that feels to say.


2. Speaking of Oprah, did anyone see her Summer Favorite Things episode? Did you see the recipe for The Best Turkey Burger EVER?? Well, it is AMAZING!! I made them over the weekend and OH. MY. GOD. they fucking rule. Though, I did walk around the grocery store a few times looking for Major Grey's Chutney (tip: look for the Japanese/Indian food section)


3. John Freida's Frizz-Ease 100% SHINE Glossing Mist. If you ever wanted shiny, beautiful hair in 10 seconds, buy this stuff at your local grocery or pharmacy.


4. Banana Boat UltraMist Aloe After Sun Spray. If you or your family sports the moon glow, as I do, you'll love this quick spritz of heaven on those overexposed shoulders.


5. Envirosax Reusable Grocery Bags from Delight.com. I bought these awhile back and they are amazing. Large and strong, you need less than half the plastic bags you usually use. AND if you bring them to your grocery store, MANY will give a 5¢ discount PER BAG you bring. PLUS, you look totally chic doing it. They'll end up paying for themselves and you can feel good about your part to save the environment. I leave them in the car and bring them with me wherever I go, including the mall.

I think I am going to treat myself today to a mani/pedi for reaching a big weight loss goal. Happy Thursday to you all!

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Congratulations on those 40 lbs, Sharpie!! You definitely deserve a mani/pedi for your success.

I'm going to have to try those turkey burgers. My Mr. is diabetic and I think he might be missing his hamburgers... :-)

Happy Thursday!
xo
LBC

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forty is fabulous.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Insane Mama said...

congrats on the 40 pounds, thats awesome and I am going to get some of those reusable bags. Very cool

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Large and strong, you need less than half the plastic bags you usually use. AND if you bring them to your grocery store, MANY will give a 5¢ discount PER BAG you bring. PLUS, you look totally chic doing it. They'll end up paying for themselves and you can feel good about your part to save the environment. I leave them in the car and bring them with me wherever I go, including the mall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home