December 20, 2007

Update To The Mug Issue

Since I had not received a call from "helpful" girl at CVS, I decided to take matters into my own damn hands. I found the order confirmation and called the Customer Care telephone number.

"Hi, this is Joshua at the Customer Care Center, can I help you?"

"Yes, Joshua, you can help me. I ordered a mug as a gift for my kids to give to their father online. I went last night to pick it up, and guess what? It was completely blank. Black. Barely an image on it."

"Huh, can you hold on one minute please?"

"Sure."

Minute goes by, I'm sure at this point I am going to get the run-around.

"Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"It says here that you ordered a MAGIC MUG."

(I AM laughing.) "A "MAGIC" mug, huh? What does that even MEAN?"

"It means that the image is hidden until the cup is filled with hot liquid, then the image MAGICALLY appears."

"No kidding."

"Yes Ma'am."

So, I call the store to ensure that they do not ship off my mug and run there to go see if what Joshua is telling me is a crock or not. I even brought my own hot water to test his theory. I tell the Photo Chic (who by the way, is very helpful, unlike her co-worker the night before) about the MAGIC MUG and she says she has NEVER seen such a thing, didn't even know they sold it and please pour the water in because she didn't believe it.

I poured the water. Waited a minute. And low and behold, there was the fucking picture, bright and bold and awesome. I paid for it and was on my way.

MAGIC MUG. Go figure.

9 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think they would mark that on there SOMEWHERE... wouldn't you?

Sounds like a cool gift though. Glad, "helpful chic" didn't wind up screwing up everything.

JayMonster

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Melody said...

I love MAGIC

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger divrchk said...

This is one of the best stories that I've read recently. Thanks!

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharpie - you just kill me...perhaps it's time to fill the magic mug with some magic drink (of your choosing) and put your feet up! It's been a long year!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Not a Granny said...

Does it only work with hot liquid? Sheesh wonder if it is too late to get that for Not A Grampy?

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

That's hysterical!!!
The more I think about it the funnier the whole thing gets!!!

xo
LBC

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh...that is funny.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger melodyann said...

OH EM GEE, that sounds awesome! Now I want a magic mug!!!

Chapped lips always make me think the person is dirty for some reason... ick.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I want a Magic Mug!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home