May 26, 2006

"Uhhhh...Hello?"

*rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg*

(Look at caller ID - see that it says a Jewelry store name that rhythms with Rays)

"Uh...Helllllo?"

*hesitation - stumbling over words* "Can I speak to Mr. So Buying My Wife A Nice Anniversary Gift please?"

ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY PEOPLE - DO YA THINK HE'S HOME??

"Um no he's not, he's at work, can I take a message please?"


(PANIC - TOTAL PANIC - I COULD SEE HER FACE) "Uh No, I mean, ok, alright, tell him Rays called."

I assume they were supposed to call his cell or work number. I think she realized this AFTER I answered - I heard the mad flipping through paperwork. I can only imagine a huge red marker across the top that said SURPRISE DON'T CALL WIFE.

Looks like my day is already looking better. I'll post what I bought him later - I have to go work on my surprised face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home