April 04, 2006

Excuse Me, I Think I left An Entire Month In My Other Pants

Did you ever have one of those morning, stretch arms way over head, stumble to the bathroom and midstream realize that your sons birthday party is not booked (or even FUCKING planned yet) and its in 2 weeks??

Oh yeah, and that little holiday....what is it.... EASTER is in-between!!

AND I HAVE NOTHING. Not a Peep. Not an Egg. Not a Jelly-fucking-bean.

Oh Yeah - and a few weeks after that....1st Communion!!

No shoes. No tights. No invitations to even invite people. Yes I am making the invitations. I did buy some little gold crosses to glue on.....

HOLY FUCKING CRAP!!!!!!

I am freaking out.

So I quickly booked a Chuck E Cheese party. Ran off a dozen invites that I threw together Yu-Gi-Oh style - Thanks God their mother is a graphic designer or they would be fucked for sure. Cut and put in envelopes for the school friends at 9:00 last night. Quickly searched Oriental trading for some crap for the goodie bags and he's about done. Thankfully for him, I have already bought a few presents for his B-day. And I guess I'll pick up more when I am doing the Easter Bunny's job.

Throw into the mix - that this holiday was supposed to be at my mothers - but considering the major renovations going on over there - it will be at my house. Perfect. Oh and did I tell you? My SIL, who has transferred her and her family to Belgium for the last year MAY be coming home for Easter. (Add 2 MORE gifts to my list for my nieces). MAYBE. She's not sure. She'll let me know. WHEN????

And I have to make a cake for my son. Not any ole' Betty Crocker bitch. A real creative cake. Yu-Gi-Oh style. Cuz that's how I roll. Need to do a little research on that one...

And the Communion Cake - here's my plan.....





Am I fucking crazy?
Too late, I already bought the pans. And the figures.

I really need to stop smoking crack.

5 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

umm yeah---
your crazy! ;)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I suck.
I never wished you a Happy Birthday.
So Happy April 4th Day instead.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

You are not alone. My other sister (not the Four-Play one) called me this morning in a panic. Her sons birthday is today. He's 15 and she hadnt bought a single thing yet. Voila, one phone call to me and online I found him a Phillies bowling ball (his favorite team and his latest sport all in one ball), got her cc info and had it shipped and made him a little photo certificate IOU for her to stick in his birthday card. She picked it up on her way to Target where she scored some Levi's for him on the clearance rack for, get this, $2.80. Threw that in with some summer clothes and crisis averted in about 60 minutes time.
You can DO IT!!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

PS - the cake is awesome. I would try that one too, layers and all.
You can bake them ahead and freeze them and then thaw and ice the day before. I made my sisters wedding cake and it was not nearly as crazy as I thought it would be since I made the layers ahead and froze them (as recommended by Martha) Chocolate layers with rasberry filling, chocolate buttercream, and white chocolate fondant covering the whole thing.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

omg you must be a saint to try a cake like that. Good luck with that. I'm in awe of your talent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home