April 05, 2006

It IS April 5th, Right? Right?!

I mean, I'm only asking because when I got up this morning - there was this funny white stuff falling from the sky and as I think I mentioned above - IT. IS. APRIL. 5TH.

Ahem.

Behold....



My poor little flowers.... Did I HAVE flowers? I think they are there somewhere.

That Mother Nature is a Mother alright.

On a better mother note...
Last night I was able to check off my list the following...

1. Picked up taxes. They are signed, sealed and awaiting the mailman.
2. Completed the task of finding the proper crap for the goodie bags.
Which included: Yu-Gi-Oh pencils and stickers as well as enough candy to rot all teeth.
3. Secured the cake topper for said son's fabulous cake. (At Stop & Shop - ladies FYI - they will sell you the toppers they use to decorate their nasty cakes for $4)
4. Bought all paper goods and a few decorations for 1st Holy Communion.
5. Bought the veil that I need to attach to a hair band for the Holy Day.
6. Bought a nice basket for the Bridal Shower/Swanky Soiree gift.
7. Was BEGGED by the upcoming seniors at my College to teach their Advertising Portfolio Class next semester. It is already given to another teacher and they don't want him. They want me. They are going to the Dean to see if they can make it happen. Is that crazy, or what? Up until now, I have taught Advertising Design I and II. I told them I would be happy to if it comes to be.

I was able to go to bed with a sense of accomplishment. Tonight, me and Lady Horkin, are going out for a wild night of Jelly Bean perusing at the not-so local to her, Target. And hopefully Easter outfits and Communion shoes and an outfit for me for that damn Bridal Shower........

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Miguelita said...

Wow. All that in an evening?
I think I turned the dishwasher on last night.

Thanks for the "Stop and Shop" tip. Will definitely use that. When. I. Have. Energy. Again.

Is the time change kicking anyone else's butt?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Thumbs up on getting that stuff done -- You two have fun tonight!

mcakes - The time change definitely has had an effect on me as well!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It barely rained here, although I did see a few snowflakes in the air this morning. Not enough to even dampen the roads. Eeeeek. That's whatcha get for livin' in the boondocks.

Can't wait 'til tonight!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

oooh Please keep the white stuff over there.

WTG on the list of things you accopmplished. I got some laundry done. Kind of. It is sitting on my bedroom floor waiting to be folded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home