March 08, 2006

Rinnnnnnnnnnngggggg...Hello?

Sitting here with deadlines for more jobs than I can find on my desk and in the middle of a thought, the phone rings...

rinnnnnnnngggg...Hello?

(small girly voice on the other end) "Hel...Hello Can I speak to Miss thing? It's Megan."

Me - Caught off guard (the phone is ALWAYS for me - no one else - ME) "umm...sure ...hold on...."

What the? When did she get OLD enough to receive phone calls? On my phone? From her FRIENDS?
When the fuck did I turn my back and my baby has friends old enough to pick up a phone...and dial...and ask for HER?

Ok, drama much?

Miss Thing comes bounding up the stairs with the grace of a gazelle - another thing I didn't notice until that exact moment. Wow she looks like a teenager...

Me - "It's for you. It's Megan."

Miss Thing - "Oh Hi Meg...." (takes phone and walks directly to her bedroom where she promptly closes it behind her)

I sat here with mouth agape...stunned. I am not going to lie that I DID try to easedrop (from where I was - no I didn't go get a glass and cup it to the door - even though I WANTED to).

10 minutes later - she emerged from her room - hands me the phone and goes "Here ya go."

Here ya go?? No offering of any kind from Miss Thing..

She is already half way down the stairs when I can't HELP myself... "Hey Miss Thing, what did Megan want?"

She yells back, "She wanted to pick out clothes to match tomorrow - jeans with a black shirt."

Oh.

Go about your business. Nothing to see here. DO NOT MIND the woman in the corner rocking... I am NOT ready for this.
Why can't they stay 5?

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

woohoo the spammers have arrived. They totally suck ass. Hpe you have a good day tomorrow - The kids do grow up WAY to fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home