March 02, 2006

Actual Conversation In The Back Of The Big Blue Minivan

Ipod playing through the car stereo.....Firehouse from KISS comes on.....

Lil Man - "This is KISS right?"

Miss Thing - "Yeah" (tone in her voice that she can't believe he HAD to even ASK)

Music plays for a while longer.....


Lil Man - "Is this Firehouse?"

Miss Thing - "Yes" (more tone)

Lil Man - "Is this Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons singing. I think its Paul."

Miss Thing - (yawning) "It's Paul."

Lil Man - "Mom, the cds we have of KISS - did Dad give those to us?":

Me - "Of course. Your father is a huge fan."

Lil Man - "We have different cds. I don't have Do You Love Me but I do have Strutter and that one that goes (him singing top of lungs) Get Up and get your grandma out of here..."

Miss Thing - (no even a moments hesitation) "Deuce."

Lil Man - "Right! Deuce."

At this point I am laughing hysterically.


I realize that we have fucked them for life with our hair band tendencies. I loves me some rock and roll. Even if its bad. And apparently, so do they.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger sherry said...

No, what's WRONG is when your daughter knew ALL the words to Love Gun before she could run.

She was walking by that point, I'll give you that. I only remember because there was a little shimmy that went along with it.

Our parents exposed us to every different genre' of music, and we turned out....er....perhaps you might want to keep her with the Kids Bop on second thought.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that dh and I attended a KISS concert last summer. My son(at the time he was 8) called myself and his father-80's nerds.

A couple weeks ago- he heard a kiss song ( I cannot remember which one) and said.
" Mooooommmmnm Turn it UP. I Love this song!"
I, of course took the moment and ran with it. I called him an 80's nerd and turned it up for him. ;)
- Island Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home