March 02, 2006

Actual Conversation In The Back Of The Big Blue Minivan

Ipod playing through the car stereo.....Firehouse from KISS comes on.....

Lil Man - "This is KISS right?"

Miss Thing - "Yeah" (tone in her voice that she can't believe he HAD to even ASK)

Music plays for a while longer.....


Lil Man - "Is this Firehouse?"

Miss Thing - "Yes" (more tone)

Lil Man - "Is this Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons singing. I think its Paul."

Miss Thing - (yawning) "It's Paul."

Lil Man - "Mom, the cds we have of KISS - did Dad give those to us?":

Me - "Of course. Your father is a huge fan."

Lil Man - "We have different cds. I don't have Do You Love Me but I do have Strutter and that one that goes (him singing top of lungs) Get Up and get your grandma out of here..."

Miss Thing - (no even a moments hesitation) "Deuce."

Lil Man - "Right! Deuce."

At this point I am laughing hysterically.


I realize that we have fucked them for life with our hair band tendencies. I loves me some rock and roll. Even if its bad. And apparently, so do they.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that dh and I attended a KISS concert last summer. My son(at the time he was 8) called myself and his father-80's nerds.

A couple weeks ago- he heard a kiss song ( I cannot remember which one) and said.
" Mooooommmmnm Turn it UP. I Love this song!"
I, of course took the moment and ran with it. I called him an 80's nerd and turned it up for him. ;)
- Island Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home