June 23, 2009

Where Has The Time Gone?

Oh my poor blog, how I have neglected you! So much has been going on and life has gotten in the way. But now that my entire family has found me on Facebook, I will retreat back here to vent and share in quiet anonymity.

To catch you all up to what this school year has brought us...

1. The concert (Motley Crue, Hinder and Theory of a Deadman) was AWESOME. I had not really heard the latter 2 but was so impressed, I am now a fan.

2. The kids have gone Metal and not in the head banging, eardrum splitting way - we've gone orthodontic! Miss Thing has a nice (and colorful) set of braces and Lil Man was a palatal expander (for now) with a promise of a retainer and braces to come! Yippie! My pockets ache already.

3. Both kids have also gotten glasses, so that the school yard taunt can include "Four-Eyes" to go with Metal Mouth. Talk about the awkward years.

4. Lil Man made his 1st Holy Communion.



Is that not a handsome face?

5. That party I spoke about for his Birthday with a trailer full of video games turned out well, as did the cake...



I photoshopped the name out (sorry, must protect the innocent) so it looks a bit weird.

6. We have successfully made it through the 3rd grade Science Fair. I am SO glad I got an A!

7. Miss Thing and Lil Man are kicking ass in karate. Miss Thing became a Black Belt and Assistant Instructor and Lil Man became a Red Belt. He is getting excited to be closing in on Black Belt.

8. We have made it through another Spring Soccer Season. Miss Thing has continued to score goals on a regular basis and will be trying out for the premier league on Friday. And Lil Man, well, you remember my scorching details of watching my passive, sweet baby boy meander through the soccer field with his OLE defense?? Yes?? Well, this season - and I have NO idea why, he played. I MEAN, he FUCKING played, damn it. When he was on defense, he cleared the ball prompting a chorus of cheers from the sidelines FROM OTHER PARENTS!! The last game of the season he had TWO breakaways as a forward and I could hear the parents screaming and cheering him on and he took the shot LEFT FUCKING FOOT and hit the goal post. It didn't make it, but it was AMAZING!! I kept thinking WHO ARE THEY SCREAMING for and who the FUCK is this kid???? Wow, just wow, Lil Man.

All in all, a great school year. I can hardly believe I am the owner and coach of a Middle Schooler and a 4th Grader. They make me so proud.

I have finished another semester in Grad School. 17 classes done, two to go. TWO. I will finish in September 2009. I can hardly believe it. It has been a LONG 3 years. In the end, it will all be worth the effort and sacrifice to get that MFA with a 4.0 average. Yes, I am still the overachiever.

I have not been working out as much and need to get back on track. I need to workout for my health and my sanity. If I am not careful, I will be creeping back up on the scale in no time.

So, yeah. Life is good. I'll be back here more and hope to see you here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home