February 06, 2008

Spending Time With Lil Man

Spending any amount of time solo with my son is precious time spent. It rarely happens that Mom and son head out, as it it usually the Girls going one place while the Boys go another. However, the time spent alone with him usually makes me love that little boy even more than I thought possible. I also usually walk away laughing from something he says. His mind works so differently than most kids his age.

He is sick today with a sore throat and ear ache and we headed to the doctor. Friday is Miss Thing's Birthday (10, Holy Fuck 10 - double digits) and I wanted him healthy for then. While in the car, I am playing my iPod (kinda loud) which he doesn't mind, as he is my metal-head kid.

Little Man: "Is this AC/DC?"

Me: (smiling) "Nope, it's Motley Crue."

LM: "Mom, who is your favorite band?"

Me: "Hmmmm. That's a tough one, I like a lot of bands. But, this band playing right now was my favorite when I was younger."

LM: If I had a band, even if it "stunk out loud", would we be your favorite band?"

Me: "Of course."

(Listening for a bit to "Shout at the Devil" by Motley Crue...)

LM: "Is he saying shout AT the devil?"

Me: (chuckling) "Yes."

LM: "I think Jesus would like this song then, since he is shouting AT the devil."

Me: "TOTALLY. I totally think Jesus would be a Motley Crue fan."



(HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!)

Try NOT to think of THAT when you're getting your ashes today!

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I saw Motley Crue twice in a row one summer. It was the Girls, Girls, Girls tour. A lot of fun.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I am so sorry I missed this before Ash Wednesday. Can he bring your ipod to CCD?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home