January 28, 2008

Would You Take It As A Compliment?

Hubby hired a contractor to install crown molding in all the rooms on the main floor. He has done work for us in the past (finishing our basement and the new tile floor in the kitchen) and is a very nice guy - straight shooter - curses like a sailor. So, yes he's alright in my book.

Since they have invaded my house for the week, I am forced to go into the basement for my torture session with the treadmill and elliptical machine. After my 45 minutes of hell, I slinked upstairs hoping to go unnoticed. No such luck, as Dan was on the stairs and stood between me and shower, which I desperately needed.

Obviously noting my red face and the winded nature in which I was hauling myself up the stairs, he decides to start up a conversation after I was half way up the stairs.

Dan: "So, are ya busy with work lately or no?"
(He obviously is figuring if I have time to workout - I do not have any work...

Me: "Yeah, busy - just trying to diet and workout. Just tired of being fat is all."
(I say the last of this as I hit the top stair - far away from him, thus ending the conversation.)

He yells up the stairs..."Well, I wouldn't say that - I would say you are more BIG BONED like your father. Cuz, ya know...your dad is a BIG guy."

Yep. Big Boned. I now have a proper diagnosis.

5 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a guy, and guys say STUPID things sometimes without realizing it, and especially when they're trying to pay a compliment. It's the whole penis thing. It gets in the way of EVERYTHING.

Yeah, I'd take it as a compliment.

xo,
Your fellow big-boned sister

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boys are dumb, but it probably was a compliment.

Of course, that doesn't mean you can "accidently" send him flying down the stairs.

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yell down and say..

"you're fired!".

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good on you that you didn't stick his hammer up his ass...

but boys are dumb. Sherry is right ;-) But I do think he was trying to be nice.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I think he was trying to compliment you. Sigh...boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home