March 05, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me

You'd think this wouldn't be very hard considering the million things WRONG with me - perhaps its the fact that I have to cut it down to ONLY six that is giving me trouble. Here goes.

I was tagged by Wendy .

Rules: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things/habits about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Ok - here goes...

1. I have weird body parts. I have NO ankles or wrists to speak of. I am also double jointed in my thumbs and my toes. I can actually wave with my toes - fully fold them down and curl them under my feet... and I can walk around like that on the stumps on my feet - toes tucked under. Shut Up. I KNOW it's fucked up that I know I can. And that I do. It also freaks the fuck out of DH.

2. I am an absolute FREAK MAGNET. Ask anyone who knows me - weird people seek me out. All. The. Time. People start up conversations with me everywhere I go. People tell me jokes. People ask for advice. Seriously, I must have the strangest Karma that I send out.

3. I am honest to a fault. If you really want to know the truth, I'll tell you. I think part of this is because I am the most pathetic liar on earth. The other is I have NO FILTER, as I have told you before. I was born without one - as the rest of my family does not have one either. I often disclose everything I do wrong/stupid - like I'm confessing. I think I do it to see if I'm the only one. Plus, I totally can laugh at myself. And others. Ok, mostly others.

4. I own more costume jewelry than a woman should. I have a match for every item of clothing imaginable. Seriously - you can test me on this. Need something to go with purple, green, black and gold - yep, I'm your girl.

5. I am a Nerd at heart. I grew up shunning the truth - so I hung with the Potheads while I rocked it in the AP Calculus class and all the other nerds. Hard to keep that facade up when the principal comes into your Art Class (home away from Calculus home) and gives you your Letter jacket for being in the Top 5% of your class of (300) and the pin is a Knowledge Lamp. Holy crap - how are you going to explain having a Letter Jacket when everyone knows damn well ya never played a sport - because it would fuck up your very big, feathered Aquanet hair. So, yeah - Nerd. National Honor Society Nerd. Magna Cum Laude Nerd. At least I am consistent.

6. I am genuinely happy. I have the perfect life. I have two beautiful kids - a boy and a girl - I have a wonderful, gorgeous husband - I own my own design business - work on National campaigns for well known products from my home, with the best slipper commute imaginable - teach at an Art College and am well respected - am currently fulfilling my goal to obtain my master's degree in Graphic Design with a current 98.6 accumulative average - people tell me I'm pretty - I think I am ok.
I believe me can make good things happen to us - call it Karma - call it The Secret - whatever - I think you can. I think I have. I also think I am very blessed and say a prayer to God every day for all the things I am thankful for. I think all things happen for a reason - sometimes they are lessons - sometimes to build strength - whatever good or bad - I try to find the message in it and learn from it - because if we don't they just keep being sent to us.

So there are my 6 things. I tag Sherry , Michele , LaLa , Sherri , Heather and Johannah. Tag bitches - you're it.

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you struck a chord with "hang out with potheads while going to AP Calculus". That is something I am proud of to this day.

Williams Brother

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

despite all the so-called "weirdness", you're still a damn fine specimen of a woman.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

No ankles? How do your socks stay up?

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Her Bad Mother - sadly - they do not......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home