January 26, 2007

Let Me Explain

So cryptic yesterday - right?

I have prided myself that I do not put personal facts on this blog. No names, etc. Yes, I post the occasional picture of the kids or DH - but never ever anything about in-laws, etc. Not even my own family - save my sister. I have had this blog up for nearly a year and at first was very scared of the fact that I was allowing myself to be open to others. That fear had faded to a mere memory until I checked the Sitemeter a few days ago. I like to see who comes - how long they stay - where they are from.

I noticed that there is a person coming 2 or 3 times a day from a very small town in my state. A town I know well. A town that houses my ENTIRE in-law family. My heart nearly stopped. NOT that I speak about them. I wouldn't do that. But I am panicked that someone who REALLY DOES know me - is reading.

Now all of this could be a HUGE misunderstanding. I could be overreacting. If I am, I hope this person will send me a note. I'll delete it if you want me to. But if I don't hear from that person - who lives in the small town - in CT - I am taking it all down. It's too weird.

I'll still visit you all. Who could stay away.

I'll keep you posted.

10 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh boy, I know how you feel. I hope it gets resolved b/c we'd miss you too much.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger BSumner said...

Why can't in-laws just mind their own business???

This is exactly why I don't post anything other than pictures.. however I am thinking of opening another blog under an alias so I can bitch and moan again. LOL

Don't leave... we'll miss your pretty face.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Perhaps I need ot rethink the whole inlaw bash thing on my blog.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Like I said - I have nothing bad to say about my extended family and would never do anything to hurt their feelings.

And, I am not even sure this is someone from my family reading.

It is just very strange. And the person reading - from Northford, has not commented or sent an email. I can only assume that it is someone I know.

I am in the process of copying this journal for my own person book and then - unfortunately - it will have to go.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

*throws self at Sharpie's feet, sobbing*

PUH-LEEEEEZ don't go!!

Don't let this stop you from blogging! You are doing nothing wrong! If you've never spoken an untruth about anyone from this town or said anything untoward about them then why should their reading cause you to leave?

No one should have this power over you.

*bursts into tears and runs from comments section*

-Blue

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Beachgal said...

I hope you get it all figured out. I'll miss you, even tho I lurk mostly.

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always vent at Babyspit. Luv ya

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger VTek said...

It would not bother me. I hope you don't give the person that much power either...

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'll be biting my nails and sad to see you go! Funny thing about my blog: I know my dad reads it because I can see on my sitemeter but we've NEVER, EVER spoken of it. I still bitch about him from time to time and strive to be totally honest--at this point it's almost a challenge. Good luck!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger ThatDeborahGirl said...

On my blog:

-My mother and my daughter learned that I lost my virginity at 13
-My husband found out that I don't do the dishes or walk the dogs on purpose
-A co-worker stopped speaking to me over previously undisclosed political leanings.

All this was a bit humiliating but I survived. Even if someone you know, even your family reads your blog, so what? You are a human being entitled to express the sum of your life experiences in any way you choose.

Live free. Be well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home