February 19, 2007

Not Much To Report

Sorry about the lack of posting - I have nothing new and exciting to report.

Here's some random bullets...

1. Work is CRAZY busy. I am usually busy and since it is my own business - I can usually work in some downtime. There has been absolutely NO downtime. Crazy. I see no end in sight. The bright side is I have already made 1/3 of my entire salary from 2006 - my best year ever.

2. My Grad class is going well - I actually even like my font I am creating. I am pulling a 98.88 grade right now - I KNOW I am TOTALLY slacking from last semester's 100 - but FUCK IT!! And I only have 5 weeks to go til the end of the semester. This one went fast. Although I will totally be happy when it's over - because 5 assignments a week is the pits.

3. My two classes I am teaching are good. The day class has proven to be better than the night class - work and attitude wise. Although their first project left much to be desired - I see potential. Raw potential at the undergrad level is an amazing thing. More amazing is the power a professor wields to crush it or cultivate it. I LOVE to see them flourish with praise and encouragement and just the right amount of no bullshit discipline. I despise the professors that love to knock them down or spinelessly walk away from them. I feel privileged to be able to teach. Is that weird?

4. We gave the stomach bug to Sherry's entire family - SORRY!!!!!!

5. Sherry made Miss Thing the BEST American Girl outfit - red satin dress with black velvet ballero jacket. Awesome.

6. Both DH and my car need new brakes. Difference is his cost $1,000 (front and back brakes) and mine will be $300. THAT is the difference between driving an Infiniti and the Big Blue Minivan.

7. It is colder than HELL here right now - but we still have had very little snow. So little that the kids are potentially getting out of school on June 6th. JUNE 6th!!!! - that will be one LONG ASS summer.

8. Everyone I know is getting divorced. It's like some weird virus got into the water supply. People I have known for years - all splitsville.

9. Stephen King's new book Lisey's Story sucks ass.

10. WTF Britney Spears?????????? She shaved her fucking head!!! Say it with me - TRAIN WRECK.

6 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stomach bugs....feh. It's no big, really. Just gives me something to bitch about.

Divorce? REEEALLY? Eeeeesh.

Brakes and work and school...OH MY.

Here's to hoping it all lets up soon. Miss you!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a 98.88 sheez... what have you been doing with yourself ;)

"I actually even like my font I am creating."

G-d Bless People like you. I love programming computers, but I would rather stick a spoon in my eye than to ever try and create a font again.

Does anybody (besides the tabloids) even care what Brittney does any more? I mean, in a way I feel sorry for her. She obviously needs some serious help and some handlers (other than her apparently mom, who apparently does nothing to help her any longer), but until that day comes I don't think she is anything but a wreck. You look only to see the gore.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Even though I'm a fan of King (I have a link to his site), I didn't think that 'Lisey's Story' sounded good so I didn't bother to get it (and glad that I didn't after your review lol). "Misery" was on TNT a bunch ot times last week - That movie is always good!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thinking about creating a font makes me eyes bleed.

I cant help feeling bad for Brit. She is the new Anna Nicole.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Glad to hear about the good stuff. The work and school parts especially have me in awe.

Sorry about the stomach bug. Blech!

And, fuck, the new SK book is bad? Fuck!

-Blue

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Swistle said...

I struggled through 50 pages of Lisey's Story and couldn't get any further. That man needs an EDITOR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home