February 28, 2007

Perhaps It's A NorthEast Thing

I was really surprised by the fact that most of you did not know about the existence of SnowMan Kits.










I am thinking that perhaps it is a location thing. Up here, in the far north, we normally get a total accumulation of 4 feet of snow throughout a winter. THAT is nothing, I know, in comparison to some states close by. And I am by no means bitching, because honestly, I LOVE the snow. I love how it looks. I love how it smells. YES it DOES have a smell. I love everything about it - besides driving in it and perhaps shoveling - but I don't do either of those things - so it matters none to me.

People, (clears throat, vows not to mention any names) have bought my kids these kits - in good spirits, thinking it was a huge help to them. It is kinda neat to have all the pieces in one little box, but I think it kills the spirit of it. When you have to hunt UNDER snow for rocks and break off tree limbs for the arms without getting poked, that MEANS something. There is ABSOLUTELY a sense of accomplishment.

Don't tell anyone - but we actually own THESE....



They are battery powered LED lights to attach to your snowman. They are equipped with a timer and are weather resistant. They were given as a gift, and have yet to be opened. I think next snow, I'll take them out - because don't ya think the kids would love to see their creation all lit up at night?

No? Just me?

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

LED lights? Hey - I've never heard of those. How cool! My daughter has one of those snowmen kits buts she's never shown a big interest in it. Her favorite thing is to head outside with a spray bottle full of water and food coloring to spray all over the snow. When she uses red and has a great time it looks like a mass murder happened right in our yard.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Miguelita said...

I wouldnt buy a snow man kit, but I do love that penguin. I agree that part of the fun is in the hunt for the right accessories for the snowman.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh, I would so love one of those LED kits. We have the "normal" snow man kit. Unfortunaely, we have had no where near enough snow to even consider it this year... much to my daughter's annoyance.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Also love the penguin & led lights!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home